Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blunder517 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 05:30 PM
    Should I go to work or take the day off
    Already requested & approved for a day off tomorrow... Missed a couple of days last week , now work is backed up , time sensitive material needs to get done asap... Supervisor already fed up with me and my excuses... Day off tomorrow because there's an appointment that I need to attended. Made this appointment over 6 months ago... Thinking about going into the office just for a couple of hours to take care of some things, but afaird if I do that , then the Supervisor Won't let me leave for my appointment... Should I go to work and take my chances.. Or... Have the day off and get busted on Tuesday because Time Sensitive material isn't complted...
    smiley2145 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2010, 06:30 PM
    If you want to keep your job, then I suggest that you go to work. Can you just leave for the appointment? Talk to your boss and see what they say.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 06:34 PM

You are already approved, it is your bosses job to figure out how to get the work out, or go in after your appointment.

Sadly I will say that far too often people who try to do the best thing and go that extra mile are not given credit for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can the employer dock a day of work [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a Small Animal Hospital. My manager is saying that she will take one of the days that I am schedule to work from me, because the shoes that I was wearing was not OSHA compliant. Resent papers we signed it said that I cannot wear sandals or open back or open toe shoes. I was not wearing...

Last day of work this week. [ 4 Answers ]

I have accepted another position and my last day of work is Friday. I have about 15 co workers and boss. I work in a mental health agency in a school setting. So I have my coworkers and a school full of teaches and admin. My questions is... what is appropriate when leaving? I feel like I want...

Bring your boyfriend to work day. [ 14 Answers ]

I am curious as to what people feel about office relationships? I work with someone that is having a relationship with another worker from a different office in a different city. Long distance relationship, yes. However, when he comes to town he comes in and works out of our office, sits in an...

Can a salary employee be punished by unwillingly work an extra day.6th day? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning... is this legal?

Can you be forced to work more than 12 hous a day [ 1 Answers ]

Can you be forced to work more than 12 hous a day

View more questions Search