Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 10:49 PM
    How to make body spray last longer
    So, here is the story. A few years back I fell in LOVE with this expensive perfume. It started getting discontinued from place and became difficult to find, then I stopped being able to afford $60 a month just for perfume. Well, just very recently (last week) I found a body spray that smells identical! It's Gardenia. Kind of irked that I was spending $60 for prefume for years when I could have spent $4.99 for twice as much liquid.

Anyway, my question really is: How do I make the smell linger like perfume does? It seems to disappear after two hours. How do I make my body spray last all day?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 11:24 PM
    Kind of difficult to do so... or the body spray company would be out of business ;)

There's a good chance that it is lasting longer than you thought, but since you're smelling it all day, you've become desensitized to it. If you wish, you can spray it on different areas to allow the scent to be more accentuated, such as neck and wrist. The wrist will work decently as you move it around, allowing the smell to diffuse around you.
    Vision Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 11:27 PM
    I spray neck, wrists, and clothes... still no scent by the middle of the day
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 11:28 PM
    Not sure how to make it last... the best way to use perfume is to spray it into the air and walk through it. I guess it settles all over, that way.

Oddly enough, I found this incredible gardenia house fragrance that everyone LOVED and it wasn't so expensive --- only, the shop closed down and the nozzle on the bottle broke, so it sits on my desk at work and I haven't seen another one like it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Perhaps you can ask someone if they still smell it? Good chance you may not be able to, but other people can...

... just ask any pubescent teenage boy that douses himself in cologne (cough, my brother, cough)... he doesn't smell it... but I have to wear a gas mask whenever I get near that kid.
    Vision Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Lol... come smell me then ISF
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 11:43 PM
    ... I'll be on the next flight!

Oh, and this is a quote from someone... special.

"You smell nice. Can I lick you? I'm going to lick you."
    Vision Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Lol... who is that a quote from?
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Can't say.. . unless that person comes clean.
    Vision Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Lol... ok...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
    It's you who can't smell the fragrance later in the day. If you can't smell it - believe me, it's still there - you are just desensitized to the smell after while. You could just "touch up" your scent a tad during the day, but please not as much as when you first put it on in the morning. I love gardenia anything also. My mother loved Jungle Gardenia perfume when it first came out in the 1960's and I used to wear it all the time also. My favorite perfumes are Tatania, White Shoulders, Jungle Gardenia, Tabu, Shalimar (love Shalimar) and Joy. Oldies but goodies.
    Vision Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 08:44 PM
    My faves are Burberry Touch (duh), and Lacoste Touch of pink. Hearts. I HATE Tabu, but not because it smells bad, just because my mother used to wear it and I hate her, and sense of smell is linked to memory; so I get aggravated and my heart beats real fast when I smell... I think I could be a very ugly person to be around if I actually used it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 08:45 PM
    <--- perry ellis red, polo, and antidote.
    Vision Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Maybe I'm just old school but I love the smell of old spice... I think that one is cause of my Dad, he used to wear it, and my first boyfriend (7yr) wore it, so I attach the smell to positive memories.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Instant Body Tan Make-up [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased Rimmel London Sun Shimmer Instant Tan last spring in Wal Mart. It was a fantastic product. A great make up for your legs to give you a real tan look. I have not been able to find it again. I have searched for this product in many places. Why am I not able to find this product or...

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

Do you know a pills to make my body slim? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm xiana I want my body to be slim specially my shoulder bcos its getting bigger I want to be slim so that I can wear what I want. Do you know a pills that can make me slim? That is available in the Philippines?? :)

Body make up [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of make up can you use to coverup stretch marks and where can you buy them?

View more questions Search