Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cactusa320 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Cost estimate on blower motor for a trane ac unit
    What would be a ballpark cost for replacement of a trane a/c blower motor? Mine died after coming home from vacation to a completely iced up unit (plugged drain)

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 12:37 PM
    There are very different motors in different furnaces.

retail 3 speed installed 350.00

Variable speed with end bell electronics installed 950.00

These are a total guess. Local labor and part markup are different all around the country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor of Trane XE80 furnace won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE80 gas furnace. The purge motor and burner go on, but main motor won't run. LED flashing light flashes continuously when burner is on however, when the burner shuts off, the LED light flashes 4 times at an interval. I tried to look for a reset button on the main blower motor but...

Trane ac unit cost? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello---- Well we have inherited a brand new Trane 2 ton xl series (16i) ac unit---our cousins bought it.. never took it out of the box ---and recently up and left their home before summer-and gave us the unit----so we were going to install it and found out it will not work on our house since our...

Trane XE80 Blower Motor Kaput [ 2 Answers ]

Had an AC salesman out today about replacing the upstairs unit. He was demonstrating "proper air flow" with the basement unit. He opened the furnace and the blower motor made a squealing noise when it came back on. He flicked the power off and then on again and the noise disappeared. He said it...

Squeaky Trane Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed last night that my Trane furnace was squeaking like a cricket when the air conditioner was running. Then every so often it would make an awful squealing sound like maybe a motor was getting stuck and unable to turn. From reading other posts I'm guessing that I might have a bearing or belt...

View more questions Search