Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1754tl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing.
    Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors.
    Chester
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:14 PM

The other thing to look for is for the sensors being knocked out of alignment. Or a loose wire to/from the sensors.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:23 PM

Hi, 1754tl

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

I do note that you've already received one, helpful answer above.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Wally is right. Those are the two most likely problems.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:39 PM
    What light is flashing? Is it on the sensor or on the pushbutton that is wired to the door?
    1754tl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 07:49 PM
    The light on the motor is flashing
    Cw
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:55 PM
    If your talking about the overhead lamp, then it's a fault such as described by the other responses... an obstruction, a loose connection, or mis-aligned sensors. If you have your instructions you can re-align them. If not, most manufacturers post information online. Get the mfg. info and look around.
    Texas Turkey Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 09:57 AM

Most of the garage door sensors have a LED on them that will be green when they are aligned properly. Do you know what make it is?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 06:47 PM

They actually align pretty easy, point at each other and you are usually there, The indicator definitely helps for alignment as mentioned above.
    Visually follow the sensor wires where you can see. They can get abused or cut.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 08:15 PM
    Wow... how did this old thread get some new life?
    sherif1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 09:14 AM
    I have the same problem. Wires are tight but the green light on the sensors stays lit but flashes right before the door goes back up while it's closing. There are no obstructions.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 10:57 AM

Wonder if it is at the threashold of alignment, maybe try adjusting?
    billobug Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Comment on Texas Turkey's post
    Craftsman
    4acres Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 06:31 AM
    I have an overhead door model 1026. The door will open using either the remote ocntrol or the wall button, but will not close UNTIL I unplug the power cord for a short interval. Once I replug it, the door will close.

But I have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME! It has been like this for about a month.
    jackiegreen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 09:18 AM
    The push button is flashing and the remote for that side won't open the door from the outside... the first garage door opens with no problem at all.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
    The push button is flashing and the remote for that side won't open the door from the outside... the first garage door opens with no problem at all.
    I could guess about what your problem is but it would really be nice if you took the time describe it completely. I can't see your house from mine.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2013, 03:26 PM
    When the push button is flaxhing on my garage door opener, it means that the lock system has been energized. It prohibits the door from being opened remotely... does your push button have a "lock" button?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

Garage Door Opener Light [ 1 Answers ]

It won't go out... besides unscrewing it, how do I get it to go out? The light button isn't turning it off. Thanks.

Garage door opener light [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get the light in my garage door opener to stay on? Unit is a Sears chain drive 1/2 hp. Thanks.

View more questions Search