Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joeywa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Kenmore Elite Washer (Model#110.82873120) Spin Probs
    I have the Kenmore Elite King Size Washer, Model#110.82873120. Last night it quit working on the "Spin" cycle. I can still hear and feel the cycle operating, but there is a "clicking" that goes on and the agitator doesn't spin, nor does it agitate during the cycle. The draining mechanism continues to operate as well.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Will it require a repair man? I have pulled the washer out from the wall and would like to open up the back, but want to find out if it is even worth it before I get knee deep into this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 1, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Might be time for a appliance repair guy.
    floridahamster Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2006, 03:57 PM
    Sounds like the motor coupling between the motor and transmission,an $11 part that takes about 45 minutes to change ,if you are experienced.It is accessed from the bottom of the washer.If you see black rubber shavings/pieces under the washer,this is definitely your problem.An EZ fix for an experienced repair man.And a very common problem with all of the newer direct drive washers.
    johnseb Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2011, 11:23 AM
    floridahamster is right on, it's the coupler. To get to it, check my posts, real easy.
    donsti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 08:41 PM
    I have a Kenmore Elite washer. Model 11022994100, S/N CL 1902301

It started making a loud ratcheting noise after the spin cycle and continues until the tub stops spinning.
    It appears to wash and go through the wash cycles OK. Problem is the loud noise when the tub is slowing down after the spin cycles.
    I am mechanical inclined. What do I need to do to fix it?
    MMartineau Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 10:24 AM
    That sounds like the motor coupling is broke as it still drains. It's located underneath the washer pretty easy to spot, Its actually about a 20$ part depends on where you get it. Also easy to fix I went on www.youtube.com and typed in how to change a motor coupling on ________ type of washer. Easy P-easy, Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Will not Drain or Spin [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenomre Elite Washer and the water will not drain or spin. I have check to make sure there are no clogs or anything blocking the drain. I also have removed all the clothes except a few to make sure it is not heavy. When it gets to the part were it shouild drain and spin nothing...

Kenmore elite top loader will not spin... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite (calypso) Model#110.21062000 that will not move from the rinse cycle into the spin cycle. It will give to different error codes occassionally: 1) "LD" - long drain, 2) "SL" - suds lock. In both cases the unit appears to be draining without any difficulties as observed by the...

Kenmore washer won't spin, clicking [ 17 Answers ]

We have a relatively new (3 years or so) Kenmore Elite washer. It has been having the same problem on and off for a few weeks now. The washer will agitate during the wash and rinse cycles, but stops when it gets to the spin cycle. It just sits there full of water from the rinse, and emits a foul...

Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washing Machine doesn't spin [ 32 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have the correct model number. Nothing on back of washer. Under lid: SM 9710768-C. This is a Kenmore Elite Catalyst heavy duty, top load, king size capacity, ultra quiet pak, 3 speed motor with 6 speed combinations washing machine. I've tried both spin speeds, but neither work....

Kenmore Elite washer won't drain [ 12 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Catalyst washer Model #11020096992 is now five years old. I have had nothing but problems with this supposed "top of the line" product. We probably could have purchased another washer or two by now. The most recent problem is that it won't drain during the rinse and spin cycle. ...

View more questions Search