Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mummyof1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2014, 07:17 AM
    Nexplanon implant and pregnancy
    I have got the nexplanon implant in, when I first had it in about a month after I had really bad hot flushes to the point that I was sick. This has stopped now. My implant has moved about 3-4cm to the left and feels more promenant now then what is was when first inserted.
    Could this affect the way it works?
    Have been having pregnancy symptoms to but not sure if it is just a side effect of the implant. Also felt like I was ovulating at the beginning of the month.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 9, 2014, 09:27 AM
    It might be a good time to talk to you OB/GYN/Healthcare provider. It could be a response to the implant, but the implant position is concerning. It shouldn't affect the performance, but it could.
    michaelsMommy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2014, 05:03 PM
    You should. Definitely talk to an obgyn.. I got pregnant with the same implant when my son was born I had got it now I'm pregnant again

Dec 21, 2014, 04:24 AM
    I went to the doctors and she said that it shouldn't affect the use. I still can't help feeling pregnant.
    3 years ago I was on the Implanon Implant and fell pregnant with my daughter.
    I feel the same way I did then as what I do now. I have taken a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago witch came back negative. But I had a negative pregnancy test with my first till I was nearly 12 weeks pregnant.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 22, 2014, 01:17 PM
    Now it is going to be a waiting game I think. Though when it failed you last time, why did you go with Nexplanon again?

Jan 1, 2015, 02:13 PM
    It is a different one. I was on the pill and fell pregnant with my second daughter on that. I have recently been diagnosed with depression so maybe its because of that?.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nexplanon implant [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got nexplanon inserted in my arm last Thursday and Friday it was very sensitive like I couldn't cross my arms without feeling pain. And when I put a finger on each end and put pressure on it, it feels as if it is broken or severely bent in the middle. What should I do?

Contraception, Nexplanon implant [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on the Nexplanon implant and I was just wondering if it can cause you to Overheat. Since having it put in I have been overheating to the point I'm sick.

Nexplanon [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I have to wait six months to have it removed. Ive been dizzy and spotting for almost 2 months migraines are terribleI want Iit out.

Pregnancy test after how many days of implant bleeding [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Right after 15 days of my period ended, again I felt like periods. We are trying to have baby since last two months, already have one baby of four years. I never had period before due date, but this was strange, 15 days before due date. I noticed the dark brown color foam of period...

View more questions Search