Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hendrik_saiyan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Seat toilet flushed
    Hi,

I have aproblem with my seat toilet. When I flushed it, then the water inside the bowl will decrease slowly, and sometimes it can flushed successfully but I can see bubble and gurgle sound. But if I flushed it with a bucket of water (aaprox 7 liters), then the problem gone, but still can see bubble and gurge sound. I have check the water level of the tank, and its about 1/2 inch from overflow pipe.
    We have try remove the toilet and check the drain pipe, it seem OK with the drain pipe because we can pour some water inside it and it seem normal (not clogged)
    For about 5 years we didn't have such problem with our toilet.
    My questions are :
    1. Do seat toilet have some kind of air vent ?
    2. Should we replace the toilet ?

Thanks and best regards,

Hendrik
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 02:19 AM
    1. Do seat toilet have some kind of air vent ?
    The answer is yes. There is a pipe that goes to the roof usually close to the toilet position.
    A snake should be run from the roof down this vent pipe to make sure it's clear.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2008, 04:52 AM
    I have one that most repair plumbers miss.. Look down at the bottom of the bowl. If there is a small hole, then that is a jet that starts the syphon action. If it's clogged the water will just swirl around and slowly go down leaving solids behind. Take your finger,(UGH! ) and run it around the inside of the opening. Over the years minerals build up and cut down on the syphon (flush) action. If it is rough or you feel build up, take a table knife and put a bend in it to get around the curve in the bowl and chip and scrap it clear. Next take a coathanger and clear out the holes around the rim. They start the swirling action. And last, check the water level in the tank. It should be 1/2" below the top of the over flow tube. And speaking of the overflow tube, Make sure the small 1/8" tube from the ballcock to the white overflow tube is connected so it discharges in it and that it's flowing when the ballcock fills. This is what raises the water level in the bowl. For a good solid flush they all have to work together. Hope this helps . Tom
    hendrik_saiyan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Thanks a lot for the information, I will forward this to my plumber.

Hendrik
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 7, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Do seat toilet have some kind of air vent
    Yes, Most are wet vented through the lavatory roof vent.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet empties when different toilet flushed [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a confusing problem.I just installed a new toilet in place of an existing one. The promblem is when I flush the new toto toilet, my other toilet bowl almost completely empties.. The 2 toilets are basically back to back, and use the same vent pipe through the roof.(3 inch copper).No pipes...

Washcloth Flushed Down the Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

My son flushed a washcloth down our toilet. The toilet seems to be doing fine. I plunged it but nothing came up. So I flushed it a couple of times and it worked. Then I took a large wad of TP and it flushed fine. We've used it a few times since and it works OK. I'm just wondering if I...

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

View more questions Search