Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimeerose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Ok, I have a relationship question. Why would a 26 year old man prefer to live at home with his parents instead of living with his girlfriend who he has been with for three years?:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Hi, Aimee!

I just titled and moved your question that your had posted on your own introduction for yourself in the Introductions topic area to this topic area. It will get much more exposure and more likely to get answered here than it would if it had remained in Introductions. The Introductions topic area is only for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. So, if someone wants to post a new question not related to an original question on a thread, then it's best to be posting it as a new question in the appropriate topic area.

Thanks!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 29, 2008, 12:34 AM
    There could be many reasons and I would suggest you ask him straight out, since you've known him for that long.

He might enjoy the comforts of 'hotel Mom' and then when he needs 'stroking' that he does not get there - he comes to you. But it sounds like he wants only the good friendship with benefits and not ready to get serious with the day to day issue of life with a partner, such as financial issues, spats, conversations that don't interest him. So, again, I'd ask him when he feels he might be ready to ween himself away from his childhood and move on to adulthood with all the fixings to learn how to cope.

Good luck dear, I hope it comes out satisfactory to you.. But if not, then he might still be too immature for your taste and you might want to find someone you can depend on and lean on that won't run out if things get too heavy. If everything else in your relationship is great, then you should have no problems getting him to think of moving on to share his life with you on a more permanent basis. In the end, it's your choice on how to deal with this, but we will be happy to help and encourage you in any way we can.

Keep us posted, or vent any time. We will be here for you.

Have a great weekend.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 09:50 AM
    After 3 years he may be comfortable with the way things are, so why should he change it? Haven't you discussed it, with him, and what was his reply??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend You Live With Sleeping Over At Friends House [ 3 Answers ]

What do you think?? Girlfriend you lived with for 7 months and been with for 2 years starts sleeping over at friends house. We are both in our 30's and I haven't had a sleep over sense JR High - High School. She has keeped all her friends to her self and won't let me meat them. In fact in 2 years...

Live in girlfriend her son & married daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved in with my girlfriend and her 17 year old son, into her house about 1 year ago. She also has a 23 year old daughter that is married she is now living with us because her husband left to Iraq. That's not a problem. My problem now is that I have a small business and my girlfriend runs the...

I live with my girlfriend and now she want space? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys he is the story I have been with my girlfriend 2 and half yrs we have been living together 1yr and a half everything was fine she is older by 6yrs but I'm very mature for my age until we moved into a smaller place. Since then we have had problems with the place and sorting it out and then...

Son just turned 12, wants to live w/ his DAD and the Girlfriend [ 17 Answers ]

Hello. My son just turned 12. His father tells me and also now my son tells me that he wants to go live with his father. I have no idea why. Currently, we have EQUAL 50% - 50% living arrangements where we BOTH live in the same town, only minutes apart, in the SAME school district, but in a...

I live with my girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I met this girl and she is pretty much amazing. She does everything, she always smiles, and she loves the heck out of me. We moved in immediately after meeting each other cause we really wanted to. Probably not the best decision. Now its been 4 months and I don't have that same feelings as I...

View more questions Search