Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcamsu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2006, 05:22 PM
    Tax claims for couples
    My husband and I live in different states (:( , hope it will change pretty soon). For tax return claim, is it the same if we claim individually as we claim together? Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Any kids involved?

How long have you lived apart?
    mcamsu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 12:11 PM
    No kids involved. We just got married last year, so it is the first time to file tax after married.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 26, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Figure your return both jointly and separately. It is likely the amount of your refund will be the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use this to take someone to small claims? [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to make it short and sweet. We went to settlement on the our purchase of a home and, because I thought I knew the person we bought our home from I did not take a written agreement. BIG NO NO on my behalf realizing that now... The agreement was for the seller to come back and repair...

Older married couples [ 10 Answers ]

Since there seems to be a lot about marriage and relationships on the forum today, it made me think about my adoptive parents, who have been married for about 40 years, and are obviously happy together, but still treat each other like crap lol. Like I don't mean they treat each other badly in...

Young Couples and Friends [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Since you guys gave me such good advice last time I thought I would try again with another post. My wife and I have been married for 4 years or so and we have a 13 year old son which is from her previous marriage. We have a blended family. My wife and I have a few friends but none...

Married couples [ 1 Answers ]

I work for the government and have a married couple In same department, the husband is a supervisor. Is this ethical or legal?

View more questions Search