Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lickyl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Sanskrit tattoo translation
    Hello

Can anybody translate this into sanskrit or into tibetan script for me please

"The obstacle is the path"

Also - can anyone tell me what this says अजवत् सहस्रवर्षपर्यन्तं जीवनात् व्याघ्रवत् एकदिवसजीवनं वरम्।

Many thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 04:27 AM
    I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit

I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words into Sanskrit. However, every once in awhile, there are a couple of people that show up who really know their stuff about translating written words from other languages into the written Sanskrit. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that is suggested on it in order for you to be successful.

There is also another site that you could try. It would be the following one. Free Online Translations to Sanskrit, Hindi & Marathi for Tattoos, Names & Sentences

I think that the guy that runs it is the same one that comes around here, now and then, to answer very finely concerning questions like the one that you have.

There is also another person who has recently joined who really knows his stuff. Hopefully, either of them will come along to respond to your post.
    drkpp Posts: 670, Reputation: 21

Aug 18, 2008, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickyl
    Hello

Can anybody translate this into sanskrit or into tibetan script for me please

"The obstacle is the path"

Also - can anyone tell me what this says अजवत् सहस्रवर्षपर्यन्तं जीवनात् व्याघ्रवत् एकदिवसजीवनं वरम्।

Many thanks
    I English it means:
    Life of one day like a tiger is better that life of thousand years like a goat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit name translation for tattoo [ 11 Answers ]

I want to get the name "Kadi" tattooed on me in Sanskrit. It's pronounced "Kay-Dee." Can anyone help me with the translation?

Sanskrit tattoo Translation [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Savena, Pronounced Sa-Vee-Na I'm interested in getting a sanskrit tattoo of my name, and I desperately need help on knowing the translation too it, please if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sanskrit tattoo translation [ 2 Answers ]

I would love to find out the correct translation for "embrace life" in sanskrit. Don't really want to get a tattoo that is misspelled. :p

Sanskrit tattoo Translation [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me translate below quote into Sanskrit for my tattoo, "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die Today." I would also like "Good Girl Gone Bad" translated too. Thanks in advance! :cool:

Translation into sanskrit for tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

It reads: "I am to the world as rain is to water and as petals are to the lotus." Even a partial translation would be helpful Thank you for any help that you can provide me

View more questions Search