Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 08:43 AM
    "Life is a series of dogs, of wagging tails, puppy breath, old age, death, heart ache and then once again, joy. A house without a pet isn't a home."

Beautifully written by our dear Alty.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Gee bushg, I'm honored and touched, actually brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad you liked it enough to post it here. :)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 07:15 PM
    "Some people take a lifetime to make an impact on someone, and some people are so special, they glow, and only need a moment to impact you for the rest of your life. You my dear glow."

Alty I promise you I am not stalking you, but you did it again with these beautiful insightful words to Chery.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    M, had to spread the rep. Here's your greenie. :D
    Woo Hoo... thanks alty :p
    Pets Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 08:30 PM
    You're welcome M. :)

Bushg, I'm honored and flattered. I'm so glad you like what I've written. Funny, when I actually sit down to write, a book, or a story, what have you, the words don't usually flow that well. But, when I'm talking to all of you they just come pouring out (yes M, I know, pouring and pouring and pouring out ;)).

Thanks for posting my words Bushg. :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 02:12 PM
    I was an English major. I even wrote a book (any publishers out there?) but I have had the same, simple favorites for years.

My favorite - and I have loved this since I was a child, I turned and said these words to my husband on our wedding day and I said them at his graveside - "Where you go, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die—there will I be buried. May the Lord do thus and so to me, and more as well, if even death parts me from you!"

It's Ruth 1:16-17.

"Where you die, I will die" is inscribed on our tombstone.

And the runner up would be: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" [Edmund Burke]
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Here's a couple more I've been saving:

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self." Aldous Huxley

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Awesome, Cap'n! :)

Love the Aesop quote - had to give more reps before I gave you another greenie ;)

Ike didn't hit... darn... couldn't evac to "prettier," more interesting sides of the state...
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 06:35 PM
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but reveal to them their own."

Disraeli
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 07:31 PM
    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but reveal to them their own."

Disraeli
    ... teach a man to fish...

I like that one.
    Pets Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 07:46 PM
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~Author Unknown

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window. ~Steve Bluestone

I'm in a dog mood. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Had to spread the Rep Alty but I love those Dog quotes...

Here's another!

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such."
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 06:00 PM

"Consider the postage stamp. It secures success through its ability to stick to one thing till it gets there."
    Pets Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 07:41 PM

I get mail; therefore I am.
    Scott Adams
    Pets Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Captain, thought you'd like this one. :)
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

and because it's me. ;)

Practice safe lunch: Use a condiment.

Lawyers have feelings too (allegedly)

To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.

I R S: We've got what it takes to take what you've got.

All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 05:51 AM

Time lost is never found again.

--ben franklin
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 11:36 AM

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."-Michael Jordan

He Who Hesitates Is Not Only Lost, But Miles From The Next Exit.

Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

My mom used to always say "You may not know the reason for another person's rude behavior, whether it is caused by a pinched toe or a pinched life, but you can know this: You will never lead by example as long as your behavior mimics theirs".
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 03:59 PM

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good.What you do today is important because you are exchanging a dayof your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be goneforever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    SweetSourNSpicy Posts: 6, Reputation: 5

Oct 1, 2008, 10:42 PM
    "You can't eat the fruit the same day you plant the tree."

(in other words... if you want to reap the rewards or a certain outcome, you must plant the seeds for such an outcome far in advance and prepare to wait for a while. Don't expect to start one day and have what you want the next)

"The love you withhold is the pain you carry."

"Don't give up what you ultimately want for what you want right now."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search