Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Jul 9, 2008, 01:33 PM
    I believe that to be the case. There were lots of articles early on that suggested suspicious things being moved by train just before we invaded. I'll bet one day the whole truth will emerge.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom
    Progunr you know as well as I do that most of America would not vote for some who is Muslim. So if you call him a Muslim over and over and over again people will believe he is a muslim and not vote for him. Kind of like G W did with Saddam, he said over and over and over again that Saddam has weapons of mass destructions. He said it so much it must be true. Low and behold 5 years later no WMD's and 2800 of our soliders dead and countless more injured ALL BECAUSE OF A LIE!!!!!!!
    That is why He has to say he is not muslim. I really thought you were smarter then that Progunr.
    I'm plenty smart enough to understand "why" he's doing it, that was not my question.

My question was, what does it say about all the Muslim's in America, and how do they feel about him calling it a "smear".

I suppose you believe that it was not a good thing, to have removed Saddam from power, and put an end to his murder of his own people, as well as others?

You think America, or Iraq for that matter, would be in a better position right now, if he were still running things in Iraq?

I think not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Well I personally don't see a reason we maybe should not redo the national anthem. I would see God Bless America as a much better choice
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
    I'm sorry, but you don't just "change" our National Anthem.

It IS our National Anthem.

I am Proud of it!

"rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air"

Yeah, ALL of it.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I don't know... Toby Keith's Courtesy of the red white and blue has my vote for back up Anthem. :D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Of course for African americans there is a "black national anthem"

Black National Anthem

But the US national anthem was not even official till 1931. And because of the relations between the US and England we have stopped using the 3rd verse to the national anthem all together, so we have already made changes to what we use for political reasons.

History of the US National Anthem
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Jul 9, 2008, 07:37 PM
    I like "My Country tis of thee" It is easy to sing and has a lot of meaning.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 02:56 AM
    I used to think ' America the Beautiful ' but now there is no sub for the 'Star Spangled Banner'... even the extra verse Sandi Patty added to it .
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:02 AM
    The web site has been up for a while now and I haven't heard any reports of an uproar from the Muslim population in America. And the fact is like BABRAM already stated they are trying to paint him as this extreme closet Muslim who once he gets in to office will make everyone pray 5 times a day. I think the Muslims in America recognize that and are not offended. But maybe I am wrong.

I don't remember anyone saying Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 so I can't say we are more or less safe with him dead. Did Saddam have to be dealt with yes. But it just seems wrong to remove some one from power, from a country that is not your own, with out the rest of the world behind you. We are not the worlds swat team.

As for the National Anthem (since this is what this post is about) I like it. All the other songs are great to although I don't listen to Toby Keith so I never heard his song.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:21 AM
    By saying the rest of the world you mean Germany ,France ,and Russia. Do you ignore the information about their involvement in the Oil for Food Scandal and how that might have been their motivation for their opposition to taking out Saddam ?

The truth is that besides the UN sanctions that were being violated there was also the matter of the cease-fire from the 1990 Desert Storm that he routinely violated also .

Now you say We are not the worlds swat team ; but you ignore that the world had no problem with the idea of the United States and Great Britain keeping a permanent presence in the Gulf and charged us with the mission of enforcing no-fly zones that were set up after Saddam massacred Shia and Kurd populations after the Gulf War .You don't mention that the US and Britain acted as points of the spear in the enfocement of the sanctions. You neglect to mention that Iraqi defenses were firing on US and British planes patrolling the zones.

For those reasons alone we were justified in taking him out.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Tom you are telling me Canada, Chile, China, Greece, Croatia, Mexico, India, Russia, Argentina, Vietnam, Austria, New Zeland, Norway just to name a few don't count as countries against the war?

Since us GB and France setup the no fly zone who else would protect it? And planes getting shot at in a country that doesn't want us there (yes I know the Gulf war was needed) really justifies another war? A plane getting shot at really justifies the BILLIONS of dollars in debt this country is in now. That really justifies over 2800 soldiers dead and countless more missing limbs.
    SweetSourNSpicy Posts: 6, Reputation: 5

Aug 8, 2008, 12:13 PM
    LOL Political season is in full swing and so are the... lively exchanges. In a way I want to cry that we must resort to such arguments and in a way it's quite hilarious to watch.

Instead of going to a Pro McCain site, or Obama's personal website (what do you THINK those sites will say? ) try going here:

Truthorfiction.com

FactCheck.org

Their object is to find the truth, not to endorse a candidate, which makes them much more believable in my book.
    SweetSourNSpicy Posts: 6, Reputation: 5

Aug 8, 2008, 12:24 PM
    FactCheck.org: Did Obama say the National Anthem conveys a "war-like message" and should be swapped for something such as "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"?

Yes, the e-mail is false. Full explanation of how it got started given on the above web page.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    You think America, or Iraq for that matter, would be in a better position right now, if he were still running things in Iraq?
    Hello Prog:

Lets see... About 600,000 dead Iraqi's might think things are worse. Plus, spending trillions of $$$'s on a war of choice, didn't make US better off either..

Are we safer?? No, not by a long shot. In the first place, we weren't in danger when he WAS running Iraq. Plus, Iran is much stronger as a direct result of the dufus in chief.

Nope. I think we are in a much worse position because of the war in Iraq.

excon
    renee5godschall Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 10:16 AM
    I'm very disappointed in obama. I don't know if I'll ever vote again, unless I check someone out so thoroughly it becomes an obsession. Shame on you obama. Gee, I wonder what GOD thinks about this, or is that politicly incorrect!! :mad:yes I am!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by renee5godschall View Post
    I wonder what GOD thinks about this,
    Hello renee:

I think you're uninformed and a bigot.

God

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama and Oprah [ 9 Answers ]

I was listening to a local talk show yesterday and heard something to the effect that Oprah is not longer supporting Obama but is remaining neutral. The host remarked that she had to do this because of her ratings. 1. Has anyone else heard this? 2. Is it true 3. Could you point me to an article...

Why Didn't Obama Tell Us This Before? [ 11 Answers ]

Now, this news article IS truly revealing and speaks volumes about Obama! Obamaites, here, take a good look at your superhero and read all about it! Why hadn't Obama revealed this little gem of a conversation he had with Wright, umm? Why did Wright bring it out finally at this time? What do you...

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

Where can I watch american anthem for free? [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I watch american anthem the movie for free online? Can someone help?

Protocol for the National Anthem [ 2 Answers ]

Is it proper for the National Anthem to be shortened, or stopped abruptly, as an introduction to the Pledge of Allegiance?

View more questions Search