Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2017, 05:01 PM
    Trump's Bizarre Lack of Self-awareness - An Anecdote
    At today's press conference, Trump claimed his "enormous" electoral college vote was the greatest since Ronald Reagan.

The facts:
    2016 Trump 306
    2012 Obama 332
    2008 Obama 365
    2004 Bush 286
    2000 Bush 271
    1996 Clinton 379
    1992 Clinton 370
    1988 Bush 426

As anyone can see, Trump's false boast wasn't even close to being the greatest since Reagan. In fact, he had less votes than anyone except George W. Bush in 2004 and 2000.

When challenged, Trump sheepishly changed his tune to include just Republican presidents. WRONG AGAIN !! George H. Bush had far more electoral college votes than Trump 426-306.

Then Trump said, "Well, I heard it somewhere."

Trump has repeatedly made this false boast since the election. Every time he has made it, he has been corrected by fact checkers and in most media.

Today, claiming it once again on a nationally televised press conference, probably world-wide televised, he revealed once more an odd lack of self-awareness that is hard to explain. At least ten different times in the past two months Trump was corrected on this absurd claim. Yet he continues to make the claim seemingly unconcerned that it is a lie and that he has been caught in this lie again and again.

When the president of the United States cannot distingush truth from reality, it is time to consider Article 2 Section 1 for his removal. That probably won't happen until his followers wake up and see what is happening. I believe Trump will deteriorate further as time goes on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2017, 06:10 PM
    What do you expect from a habitual liar, deceiver, exaggerator, conman, and ego driven fool? I have Netflix and popcorn for real entertainment.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2017, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

When the president of the United States cannot distingush truth from reality, it is time to consider Article 2 Section 1 for his removal. That probably won't happen until his followers wake up and see what is happening. I believe Trump will deteriorate further as time goes on.
    Give the guy a break, he is showing his age and misplacing a few facts, the sooner he learns not to do his own publicity, the sooner the press can get one with reporting the facts
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2017, 07:49 AM
    Why is this even important ? The facts are different than his narrative
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2017, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Why is this even important ?
    Hello tom:

Personally, I'd like my president to be IN TOUCH with reality. It's dangerous if he isn't.. You don't think so?

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2017, 10:31 AM
    You supported someone who thought she came under sniper fire in Bosnia ;and repeated that tale often . The truth was that she casually left the plane and they had a greeting ceremony on the tarmac.

There were others too like telling her audience that all her grandparents had been immigrants when in fact only her paternal grandfather had emigrated as a small child .
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2017, 01:24 PM
    Hello again, tom:

There's a difference between embellishing the truth, and not KNOWING the truth.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2017, 02:19 PM
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2017, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

There's a difference between embellishing the truth, and not KNOWING the truth.

excon
    Yes Ex you would certainly know about that
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2017, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes Ex you would certainly know about that
    Hello clete:

Stick it up your azz..

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2017, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello clete:

Stick it up your azz..

excon
    Now Ex that is not polite, do you have a raw nerve?
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2017, 06:11 AM
    1. Personally, I'd like my president to be IN TOUCH with reality. It's dangerous if he isn't.. You don't think so?
    No actually I think Trump had the press barking like seals at his command .They couldn't get enough of his act . He said that they would report that he was unhinged during his presser ,and they dutifully reported that .

But ,if there ever was a point that he really wasn't in touch with reality then you can always hope Art 4 of the 25th amendment is invoked .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Henchmen - Bizarre [ 28 Answers ]

His appointments so far are so bizarre, they seem like a joke. But, unfortunately, Trump is deadly serious. Commerce, Energy, State, Treasury, etc. - these, and others, will be headed by people ideologically opposed to the respective mission - or BLATANTLY opposed and have expressed a desire to...

An anecdote for The Condition Of England to show his opinion of the poor laws. [ 4 Answers ]

In the Novel The Condition Of England by Thomas Carlyle he uses an anecdote to show his opinion of the poor laws of England. I found an anecdote I think will work to show his opinion but I'm not quite sure that's right here it is " of these successful skillful workers some two millions, it is now...

Awareness [ 1 Answers ]

Ii want to set a home for people with L/D IN NIGERIA, but awareness is important as most people in nigeria are un aware of this issue. I have registered my company and have a land . Where to go next am not sure. I have over 15 year of work experience working L/Dpeople and on a care setting as a...

Introduction that includes personal anecdote [ 21 Answers ]

Write an introductory paragraph that includes quotation, personal anecdote, and a strong thesis statement.

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

View more questions Search