Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adjasksnicely Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 04:15 AM
    Mocrosoft document imaging does not recognise my scanner
    Office 2003 Tools document scanning asks one to pick the scanner to use, but does not show my already installed HP Photsmart C4580 (or anything else) and nothing in Help or Msoft's website says how to install it for Tools (it works perfectly well for Word etc. and scans on its own very nicely)
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 05:55 PM

How to Perform OCR with Microsoft Office 2003 Document Imaging

Feb 13, 2010, 01:43 PM
    Many thanks - I'll give it a whirl and try to remember to let you know, adj

Feb 18, 2010, 05:19 AM
    Thanks again for this reference, unfortunately it merely repeatws M/soft's own instructions. And gets me no nearer to making Microsoft Office Tools Scan module recognise the only installed printer/scanner on this stand alone PC (as I said Word and Excel have no problem finding the printer, I can scan perfectly well using other programs, but if I want to use OCR, I have to go through three different programs to get there, which is why I would like to be able to use s****ing bloody Microsoft)

(sorry for delay in replying but I had work to do... )

Anyone else have any bright ideas ?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 12:17 PM

Up to step four didn't help you?

Feb 18, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    Up to step four didn't help you?
    No, I had already got to step 4 if you read my description (you don't even need a guide to get that far, it's elementary) - it is at step 4 that Tools asks which scanner you want to use and then doesn't show my or any other scanner, and there is no way to install one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is adobe photoshop lightroom the best imaging software for photographers? [ 1 Answers ]

Is adobe photoshop lightroom the best imaging software for photographers?

Ghost imaging [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to make a disk to image of a 40gb drive ntfs to a 120gb wd 120gb usb drive fat32. I get the error in ghost stating not enough space (1916), it then ask use compression and I select fast. Then I get the message there may not be enough space - enable spanning. If I answer yes or no it...

Imaging an NT server [ 8 Answers ]

Guys, could use a hand here. I need to image a critical NT 4 server so I can run some tests on it. Now what I intend to do is run the image in VMware. I have tried the VMware converter, but as the C: drive is set to 1Gb and has very little free space this fails. So my intention is to image it...

Use of Ghost Imaging [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyone familiar with Ghost Imaging, spefically creating an image capable of crossing multiple hardware?

Ghost imaging [ 1 Answers ]

Well, here I am sitting on a multi-million dollar novelty invention that if you have any urban sense of style,etc.. this is bigger than spinner rims, candy paint jobs, neon, boomin' systems and on and on... this is "GHOST'N".. or "GHOST IMAGING". This new idea will blow up to EVERY market,...

View more questions Search