Nov 8, 2003, 06:15 PM
    Copper VS IRON pipe
    ?? Which is better for above ground and below ground
    Copper or Iron pipe?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 9, 2003, 06:12 AM
    Re: Copper VS IRON pipe
    Good morning, Above ground I would opt for copper. Galvanized Iron pipe can, over time, build up iron and mineral deposits that can cut down the flow. Under ground, (with the exception of a slab, in which case I would use copper) Iwould recommend PVC. PVC is less expensive and will outlast galvanized or copper pipe. Hpe this answers your question. Cheers, Tom
    Poppy76 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 02:11 AM
    Stay away from galv altogether copper is best, but best to use lagged copper in the ground. Would recommend lagged copper also for hot water. However pex pipping like auspex, rehau, or even sharkbite to name a few are excellent products and more cost effective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper Cast Iron & Orangeburg [ 3 Answers ]

I'm adding a room to the house that requires footers. In the course of digging the footers I found my sewer line. Not a problem except that it is Orangeburg style pipe (tar paper tube). Before I build over it, I want to replace that section then eventually replace the whole line to the street....

Copper Pipe Weighty Issue [ 23 Answers ]

I need to place a 3/4" L copper pipe vertically about 15' and rest it on the decking as I cannot make any wall attachments. It will go over the top railing and secure at that point. I could put a little weight on the railing but not very much and how would I share the load anyway. The pipe will...

Broke off copper pipe [ 4 Answers ]

I was trying to replace a bathtub faucet and broke off the copper pipe at the wall is there a way to fix the pipe without calling a plummer or soldering?

Copper pipe in the slab [ 5 Answers ]

In moving our kitchen to another part of the house, I discovered (after removing the old floor cabinets) that the plumbing seems rather "unusual". The 3/4" lines comes out of the floor (slab) to go up to the old sink, but then cross over above the slab about a foot before then going down again...

PVC to Copper Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom. The existing drain pipe is 1 1/2" copper tubing. What is the best way to connect a 1 1/2" PVC to 1 1/2" copper tubing?

View more questions Search