Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glencoe52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Dwwin.exe error after Amazon log-in
    This is a weird one also concerning dwwin.exe. This ONLY happens when I have logged into Amazon.ca. To be clear, if I go to Amazon to look around, it's fine, and it's fine with any other website - but if I LOG In to my Amazon account, then when I log off my computer (I'm using Windows XP) here's what I get:

Dwwin.exe - DLL initialization failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down OK (I click OK)
    SW: AcroRd32.exe - Application Error - The instruction at "Ox5ad71531" referenced memory at "Ox00000014". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program. (I click OK) and then my computer shuts down normally.

I am not a computer wiz, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me walk through what I might be able to do to stop this.
    Thanks muchly
    Bob
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jan 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by glencoe52
    SW: AcroRd32.exe - Application Error
    Dwwin.exe is Doctor Watson. This is an error reporting tool for windows. The answer is above in AcroRd32.exe . This is adobe acrobat reader. Generally when it errors it is because it is trying to update. You can either disable auto updates, force an update manually(by opening the adobe program and clicking update) to get rid of the message or get rid of adobe altogether(uninstal).

Good Luck
    glencoe52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Thanks - I will try updating and/or deleting Adobe to see if this works. I appreciate it. If I don't write again, it means it's fixed.
    Have a great day
    B

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a...

Can't turn off computer: dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help I can't turn off computer I get this message Dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed The application fail to inilalze because the window station is shutting down And please help and I need step by step help because I am not to good at thiscomputer stuff And thank you listing...

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed

Netscape / dwwin.exe [ 1 Answers ]

When I launch Netscape get message "Error - The program must close to allow a previious installation attempt to complete. Please Restart" On logout get message "dwwin.exe DLL initilization failed The initilization failed becauqe the windows station is shutting down." Windows XP, HP...

Dwwin.exe error on shut down [ 2 Answers ]

I keep receiving an error when I try to log off... the error says it's in dwwin.exe can anyone tell me what's going on?

View more questions Search