Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmcclarity Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Closed colleges and transcripts
    The school that I attended was Stratford women's college in atlanta, ga from 1975-1976. I am having a problem locating my transcripts for that college. The school was later bought by Branell College in atlanta, Ga. The Post secondary education dept. did not have any transcripts just loan documents and a report card. How do I go about finding my transcript and how long are records kept before they are destroyed? What can I do to prove that I have the credits because I have a diploma with a seal and a reports card, the credits are not shown on the report card? This is needed for my job..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 05:54 AM
    It is very possible they do not exist, private colleges when they close, do not always give the records to anyone

If this location does not have them I am not sure if you can get them
    Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
    2082 EAST EXCHANGE PLACE
    Suite 220
    Tucker, Georgia 30084-5305
    sandraherron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 11:42 PM
    Need transcripts from a closed CA university and college

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find transcripts from closed college [ 11 Answers ]

I have been scouring the web to find the institution I earned my ASEET at 20 years ago. It seems it went out of business or was bought (by whom I don't know) about 3-4 years ago. The name of the school was Metropolitan Technical Institute in Fairfield NJ. 13 years ago I had those transcripts sent...

How do I get a copy of my transcripts if the school has closed? [ 5 Answers ]

I can not find the school anymore and need to get copies of my transcripts for my current college to get credits for my past classes. How do I get these records if the school shut its doors? Is there a government organization that can help me? Who do I call? I am really frustrated.:confused:

How do I get the transcripts for a closed school in Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

I attended Woman Stratford college and graduated in 1976, and the school changed to Branell College. I previously went to the Non secondary post education department to see my file and all that was in the file was my loan papers, application to the school. One copy of three quarters of grades with...

Can't Find my Transcripts. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I attended a School 20years ago in Oakland California, and now it is haunting me. It closed down and I can't find out were to go to get my transcripts from there. I need it because I am now attending another school and if my transcripts aren't in by the end of this month, I will be kicked out....

Transcripts from a closed business school [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find my transcripts to a business school that closed?

View more questions Search