Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saloni K0333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2017, 02:41 AM
    Is breast cancer is curable ?
    Hi,
    My friend is diagnosed as breast cancer recentlly. How long she can survive? Is it curable ?
    I read a lot in net that this discease can be reoccer in few years . Is it true?
    Do we need to reomve her breast?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 9, 2017, 04:44 AM
    Early detection has yielded very good outcomes, but only her physician can give a prognosis, and timeline after a lot of testing, and arriving at a treatment regimen.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 9, 2017, 05:17 AM
    There isn't one type that responds to treatment the same for all. So there is no one size fits all answer to this. Some people are able to beat it and it never returns, some will have it return, and a few unfortunately will succumb to it despite every effort made.

And as was mentioned... early detection makes a huge difference.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2017, 10:18 AM
    Early detection is the key. For some women a lumpectomy is all that is needed, for others a mastectomy, yet some require chemo therapy and/or radiation. The stage of the cancer is also important.

I had stage 1 breast cancer. I had a bilateral radical mastectomy along with chemo. That was 20 years ago and I'm as healthy as a horse now.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2017, 07:38 AM
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend however there are several stages of breast cancer'much depends on how far on your friend is and what she has been told already.Some times if it's a lump it can be removed and follow on treatment can be very successful,a more serious case would be maybe several treatments before a suggestion of the breast being removed.I know this is not ideal but sometimes it is necessary to preserve a life... a good friend of mine had this done many years ago and she is still here 20 years on however all cases are different and there are many great things that can be done these days, she needs to ask many questions about anything she doesn't understand... this does not mean she is going to die it all depends on her case,support is very important whilst going through this...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if you have any tpye of skin cancer to breast cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

I get this lumps that are painful. They are between my shoulders blades. There are cases were I pass out after feeling real hot. I suffer from unknow pain causes and It hurts to go to the bathroom. I also have trouble with sleeping I sometime go to bed early and when I wake up the next day I feel...

My friend got nose and neck cancer. Pl suggest medical action plan. Is it curable? [ 1 Answers ]

Biopsy report (dated 6th Jan,2011) is as under: Specimen - Right Cervical Lymph node Microscopic ( H.E. Section) - Selection of the lymph node shows intrasinusoidal infiltrate of cohesive appearing cells with moderately anisokaryotic round of oval vesicular nuclei with prominent nucleoli,...

What is the red bump on my breast? Not a pimple... A growth? Breast cancer? HELP [ 5 Answers ]

Like its by the nipple and its red.. doesn't pop, not a pimple.. hurts to rub, but sort of numb to poke.. about size of a small pinki fingernail.. worried it might be harmful?

Is this Breast Cancer? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a fairly hard lump in each of my breasts. They are painless until you press them really hard. I am 13 years old I am a female.

Do I have breast cancer [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period last month for 2 days first day was spotting an brownish an the second it was a full day but brown , my period was the 20th. An I ovolated on the 30th -through the 3rd. My husband an I have been trying to conceive for months, I have irreguler periods I lost 40 pounds an my periods...

View more questions Search