Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babuajay Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Spell check does not work MS woord
    No matter what I do, the spell check does not work with this one perticuler document;
    If I open a new document and start typing, it does work...

I am trying to find out what's so special or not so special about this document that the speel check refuse to work. I even go in and make mistake and run the spell check, the darn thing comes back with spell check
    Complete... What gives?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 3, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Check the paragraph formatting. You can turn off spell checking in the paragraph style.

Dec 4, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Check the paragraph formatting. You can turn off spell checking in the paragraph style.
    I did not find anywhere in paragraph setting to turn off spll check... Any other ideas?:confused:

Thanks

Dec 4, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Its kind of buried. What version of Word do you have? Its under the Language formatting. For Word 2003, select Format form the menu and select Reveal Formatting (or press Shift+F1). A pane opens showing the various formatting categories. Under Font click on Language. This opens a dialog box that has a check box labeled "Do Not check speliing or grammar".

Dec 6, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Its kind of buried. What version of Word do you have? Its under the Language formatting. For Word 2003, select Format form the menu and select Reveal Formatting (or press Shift+F1). A pane opens showing the various formatting categories. Under Font click on Language. This opens a dialog box that has a check box labeled "Do Not check speliing or grammar".

Well I checked that the do not check spelling is not checked..
    I am not sure what's going on.. May be it something to do with formating[/QUOTE]

Dec 6, 2007, 07:49 PM
    If that's not it, I'm not sure what else it could be. Try saving the doc as plain text the opeing it back as a doc file.

Dec 6, 2007, 08:04 PM
    If that's not it, I'm not sure what else it could be. Try saving the doc as plain text the opeing it back as a doc file.
    Wow that worked... thanks a lot.. Only thing is When I saved it as text it lost all the formation
    When I tried to save it back as doc, it still did not have the formaing

Anyway thanks a lot

Dec 6, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Yes, that's what I was trying to do, lose the formatting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spell Check in e mail [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fairly new Dell computer. I am running Outlook Express. I have Word Perfect and Microsft Word in my system yet I cannot get the "Spell Check" to work in my e mail (it will not highlite). Any ideas? Thanks!

View more questions Search