Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    titilatoya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2016, 04:39 PM
    Sandra douglas
    Sandra Douglas can be described as an entrepreneur because she set up a privately owned beauty therapy business. It offers a wide range of beauty products and treatments for people who have skin problems or who just want to pamper themselves. She started trading eight years ago after completing a college course in beauty therapy. She operates from small leased premises in an upmarket suburb of Edinburgh.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
    At first only she and one other trainee therapist were working in the saloon but her business has flourished and now, apart from herself, she employs three full time therapists, one part time therapist and three trainee therapists.

Her current premises are now proving too small to cope with her increasing client base and staff members.

The present situation

Sandra’s business has achieved a very good local reputation for high quality customer care and the professional expertise of her staff. This has mainly been through word of mouth and has contributed to the increasing size of her client base, even though clients find difficulty parking close to her salon.

Sandra undertakes to train three students each year. These students gain a national qualification at the end of their training, but they are not guaranteed a job with Sandra. However, two of her full time therapists completed their training with her.

Currently all client records are kept on a data card, which is then indexed alphabetically in a small box file. These cards store details of the treatments and therapies taken as well as the name of the therapist who normally deals with the client.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.gif[/IMG]
    It even includes details of how the clients prefer their tea or coffee. This is to ensure the clients have a quality experience when they visit the salon. However, because of the increasing client base, files have been mixed up and there has been an increase in the number of clients who have complained about the outcome of their treatments.

A further problem for Sandra is the new Entertainment Licence just introduced by the government. This affects organisations offering the use of sun beds. They must each pay a fee of £800, regardless of the size of the organisation or the number of sun beds they have. It is also essential that they offer showering facilities to their clients. Sandra does not have the space to install showers in her current premises.

The future…

Sandra has analysed her current position and has decided to lease larger premises nearby that have just recently been vacated by a bank. It has a few parking spaces included. This would involve a huge capital outlay for all the alterations needed to meet the current health and safety regulations, including the addition of showering facilities. However she could custom design it to suit her requirements.

Coursework Questions:

Considering the changes that are planned by Sandra, prepare a report which describes in detail the key actions that should be taken by each of the following functions to ensure that the business will be successful:
    · Operations
    · Marketing
    · IT
    · Human Resource
    · Accounting/Finance

Sandra Douglas can be described as an entrepreneur because she set up a privately owned beauty therapy business. It offers a wide range of beauty products and treatments for people who have skin problems or who just want to pamper themselves. She started trading eight years ago after completing a college course in beauty therapy. She operates from small leased premises in an upmarket suburb of Edinburgh.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
    At first only she and one other trainee therapist were working in the saloon but her business has flourished and now, apart from herself, she employs three full time therapists, one part time therapist and three trainee therapists.

Her current premises are now proving too small to cope with her increasing client base and staff members.

The present situation

Sandra’s business has achieved a very good local reputation for high quality customer care and the professional expertise of her staff. This has mainly been through word of mouth and has contributed to the increasing size of her client base, even though clients find difficulty parking close to her salon.

Sandra undertakes to train three students each year. These students gain a national qualification at the end of their training, but they are not guaranteed a job with Sandra. However, two of her full time therapists completed their training with her.

Currently all client records are kept on a data card, which is then indexed alphabetically in a small box file. These cards store details of the treatments and therapies taken as well as the name of the therapist who normally deals with the client.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.gif[/IMG]
    It even includes details of how the clients prefer their tea or coffee. This is to ensure the clients have a quality experience when they visit the salon. However, because of the increasing client base, files have been mixed up and there has been an increase in the number of clients who have complained about the outcome of their treatments.

A further problem for Sandra is the new Entertainment Licence just introduced by the government. This affects organisations offering the use of sun beds. They must each pay a fee of £800, regardless of the size of the organisation or the number of sun beds they have. It is also essential that they offer showering facilities to their clients. Sandra does not have the space to install showers in her current premises.

The future…

Sandra has analysed her current position and has decided to lease larger premises nearby that have just recently been vacated by a bank. It has a few parking spaces included. This would involve a huge capital outlay for all the alterations needed to meet the current health and safety regulations, including the addition of showering facilities. However she could custom design it to suit her requirements.

Coursework Questions:

Considering the changes that are planned by Sandra, prepare a report which describes in detail the key actions that should be taken by each of the following functions to ensure that the business will be successful:
    · Operations
    · Marketing
    · IT
    · Human Resource
    · Accounting/Finance
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 1, 2016, 05:02 PM
    Very good! It took you ten seconds to copy and paste your homework.
    It will take volunteers here several minutes to read it, and if anyone is willing to answer it, maybe 3 hours to prepare a report in detail.
    Ain't gonna happen.
    I believe that the whole idea of business school is to WORK and LEARN so that you can run a business, either your own or someone else's.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 1, 2016, 05:25 PM
    And your question is? We aren't here to do homework for you. Post where you're having a problem and then we'll be able to give you some help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2016, 05:35 PM
    LOL! You actually think you'll find someone online to do your homework for you, especially something that will take hours? Not happening!

You're taking the course, you're the student, and it's your job to do the work they give you. If you can't, if you're not understanding the material, then talk to your teacher, or hire a tutor. But you have to do the work! That's how you learn, that's how you'll succeed. You will not succeed if you constantly rely on others to do the work for you. That won't work in the real world.

So sit down, read your homework, rely on what you've learned, and figure it out! Get off the computer and do your work.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2016, 05:49 PM
    titilatoya has re-analyzed her current position in Scotland and decided that maybe this isn't a good area to major in!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for sandra Conny living in Accra Ghana [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to locate sandra Conny who lives in Accra Ghana. Please give me any information you have on her.

Does sandra barragan can return to the usa? [ 0 Answers ]

Sandra barragan was in foster care and she was sent to mexico , can she return back to usa?

Charisma glow far better than Dr Sandra's maxi toner. [ 0 Answers ]

I've used Charisma glow cream and Dr Sandra Maxi Toner night and day cream is rubbish am naturally light skinned and am barely 25yrs old and in less than six months I was looking like a 60yr old white witch,I can never recommend it for my worst enemy.presently am using Charisma glow and my skine...

From where can I download sandra songs? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir, please from where can I download sandra album (close to seven),(and 18 great hits of sandra) for free,and how can I copy the songs to cd if I do not have cd rom in my PC because I just have dvd,and I have real player and windows media player. Thank you very much

Sandra Leigh Garza - Where are you ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for SANDRA LEIGH GARZA , lived in 308 WEST 7TH STREET - CLARKSVILLE. It makes almost 18 years I'm looking for thins person and I don't know nothing more about her not even the state. Only that little address. Will someone help me ? Contact me or let me know if I can help you here in...

View more questions Search