Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    see Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Being sued
    Being sued need to know my rights. What happens in court, what to say in court, how much can they take,I`m single parent .

Jan 30, 2007, 02:51 PM
    :mad:
    Quote Originally Posted by see
    being sued need to know my rights. what happens in court, what to say in court, how much can they take,i`m single parent .
    being sued by credit card for 2,203.93 or more he said that court papers is not for me show in court I`m going to show up anyway.I got the card in march99, he said I made payment march 03 .well the work with me . Well see a judge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Ok, first take a breath and breathe, being sued is not the end of the world, it happens, I have been sued and I sue people, it is all part of business and life.

Next who is suing you and for how much, and why.

Is the IRS suing you, or a credit card, or a ex or your land lord.

Each has its own rules, are you being sued in small claims court, or state court. The rules for each are different.

Jan 30, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Being sued by credit card for 2,203.93 or little more got the in march 99 they said I mad a payment in march 03.the said the paper I got is not for me,I don`t have to show up in court but I`m going

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued by cc in nj [ 1 Answers ]

I have just been told by sears that they are going to file a suit to get back 3200 dollars I owe them. I put sears into a debt consolidation program back in June. Im using CDS as my consolidator. I did not know until today that sears did not accept the offer CDS propossed. Now sears wants the full...

My wife got sued [ 1 Answers ]

My wife got sued by Asset Acceptance Management LLC she never got served papers so she didn't know about a court date until a final judgement was put against her. I don't know what to do I was out of work 6 months had to take a low paying job am in loss mitigation with the mortgage company. My...

Can I get sued... again? [ 7 Answers ]

I rented from a man while in my junior year of college in PA who turned out to be a slum through ReMax. The house was a typical college house that was filthy, and damaged, and placed anywhere outside of a college setting would have been condemned. After some damages (which we repaired) We...

I'm being sued,what will they get? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Pa. I am being sued for rear ending someone and will most likely have a judgement put against me. This insurance was in my husbands name. Can his car be taken if we are no longer living together but still legally married.my wages cannot be garnished because they are so low. Can his...

If you're Sued. [ 4 Answers ]

If a credit card company sues you ,what can they get? I mean can they garnish your wages, or cause you to lose your house, or have you thrown in jail. I have heard these rumors.

View more questions Search