Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRISP Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2007, 12:21 AM
    Advant or IE or Firefox
    As a browser which is recommended & why.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Big Firefox fan here. Love the speed and add-ons. Can't imagine surfing without AdBlock Plus and other extensions and themes I like.
    uiyo_90_09 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 03:10 AM
    Personally I like IE, since I don't use Avant, I cannot comment on it. Firefox is very good browser and a lot of facilities has been given to the user. You can use these 3 browser separately to explore yourself and find which one looking better to you.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FRISP
    As a browser which is recommended & why.

Firefox. I have found it to be more stable, and I like it features and optional plug-ins.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Oct 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
    I used to be a big Firefox fan, because it wasn't as vulnerable to spyware, adware, and browser hijacking, and you got tabs to play with. Plus, there are lots of cool extensions.

Since IE7 came out, it's been a lot more stable and secure, and they added tabs. They don't have as many addons, though.

If you want to go with IE, go with version 7. I run IE now because it's just so integrated with windows, but on linux I run Firefox. I haven't used advant. There are still quite a few people using Opera, too.
    Solo47 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
    I used to use Firefox when I had a Windows XP computer, in the XP operating system I believe that Firefox is more stable than any version of IE.

But since I got my new computer which is Windows Vista, I have found IE to be a better experience all round, faster load times, less crashing and generally just works a lot better.

Not sure of the reasons for this but I find it to be the truth.

Note: I did read a survey claiming that Opera is in fact the best browser out there, in the experiments that were carried out Opera won every time, I have never used this browser myself but it did seem to be a quite genuine survey. Sorry I cannot provide the link to this survey as it was a good few months ago I read it.

Hope my post helps in some way =)
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Oct 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Avant is what I use. I find it is updated frequently (almost to frequently :cool: ) but it means that it is well supported. It has tabbed windows, all the necessary blockers including stopping flash, java, etc. I find it quite speedy too.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Firefox all the way! It has a built in dynamic "find in this page" feature that works great.

I found that by using IE, I had too many intrustions, i.e. spyware, adware, etc. even though I used the security settings. MS makes it too complicated. Forget IE7!
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Oct 28, 2007, 11:37 AM
    I have used IE and Firefox.

I hated Firefox. I don't know why. I just did. Maybe I ddint know how to use it right but I don't know.

I would go with IE myself. But I hear Firefox is better because it crashes less or something.
    omatic Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Firefox seems to have much less vulnerability, it's faster, and the interface (in my opinion) is nicer.

I've used IE in the past, and it was a nightmare of pop-ups, spyware, and other problems that just caused me grief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New to Firefox [ 3 Answers ]

Just got Firefox. Not a computer expert here. Am a netzero user, when I dbl clk NZ icon same old Microsoft in expl screen comes up... when I then dbl clk Firefox icon that screen comes up with the message that FF is not my default browser and do I want it to be? Is this normal? If not how do I...

Do you use Firefox? [ 16 Answers ]

If you do what are your favorite extensions And What is your impression of IE 7? ---- Savage

Firefox 2.0 [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on v1.5.0.7 - and on automatic updates. Why am I not on 2.0? Even doing a manual "check for updates", it says I'm up to date. Yeah, I know I can download and install 2.0... I'm just curious as to what's up with it saying 1.5 is "up to date"...

FireFox - What's up with this? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been using FireFox as my default browser for quite some time, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only use the browser if I use the safe mode (it's built into FF). I have tried unistalling & reinstalling, but that does nothing to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem &...

Firefox? [ 2 Answers ]

For some reason my Firefox worked OK the first day. Now I get no pics when I go to websites/email boxes etc... Dozens of errors on the Java console. I don't get it it worked great then next time I turned on the computer they just aren't working together. Firefox and Java??

View more questions Search