Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

Feb 21, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Good foods bad foods
    I was just wondering if anyone knows what foods I should avoid if trying to get pregnane and if there are any foods I should eat more of? Also I am know taking prenatal vitimins after dinner on a full stomach is thar right? Be grateful for your advice

X
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Charly,

You can eat anything you want while you are trying to get pregnant, there are no foods to ignore while trying, but your diet may have to change once you are pregnant. As for foods to eat more of. Nothing really. There are not any foods that increase fertility. There are foods that are considered aphrodesiacs, they may put you in the mood, but they won't increase fertility.

As for the prenatal vitamins... What do the directions on the bottle say? If they contain iron you need to be taking them on an empty stomach.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Why are you taking prenatal vitamins if you are not yet pregnant?

I agree with J_9 about the foods - there is none that will increase or decrease your fertility. If there were, your husband would need to eat that same food. Now there are old wives tales about such food, but highly unlikely that advice rings true.

Best to you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I take prenatals daily and I am not pregnant, nor will I ever be again. They are very good for you.
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Even before getting pregnant to set yourself and your baby up for success. It's a good idea to start taking in a lot of folic acid. It's good for the baby's development. And although you could 'technically" eat whatever you wanted too, just remember that if your trying to conceive you're going to want to give your baby the best environment to grow in. Try to eat good foods (stay away from the caffiene and super fatty foods) it will help you even after your pregnant because you won't have as much baby fat to lose!

I found that taking the prenatals before bed helped because I would get nauseated in the mornings.
    ngoodrum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Tell your hubby to get as much protein as he can such as osters .peanuts,peanut butter and don't worry the more you try the harder it is just lay back and relax if it happen it happens don't rush because after your baby gets hear no fun time for uall so just make love to your partner and enjoy each other because have a baby is very hard on an relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to enlarge the breasts by using kinds of foods? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know kinds of food to enlarge the breasts naturally

Good or bad [ 1 Answers ]

Stock price maximization good or bad for sociaty

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

Good or bad? [ 19 Answers ]

So there is this guy at work who I get on with really well. We are always telling each other jokes and having a laugh. However, he has recently startd being overly nice. Everyday I come into work, he will shout hello and then follow with "you look very nice today" - it's really nice and made...

List of poisonous foods for cats & dogs [ 8 Answers ]

CAN YOU PLEASE ADD TO THIS LISTING OF POISONOUS FOODS FOR CATS & DOGS WHICH WE MUST NOT FEED THEM AS THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS? FOR DOGS: CHOCOLATE } GRAPES } including foods that contain them also! RAISINS } FOR CATS: ONIONS } including...

View more questions Search