Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timshort54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2014, 09:23 AM
    Passport and visa
    Hi I like to now how to get my girl friend a passport and visa to come to england as we want to get married how do I go about please
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 2, 2014, 09:54 AM
    She has to get her own passport and apply for her own visa where she happens to be living. What country does she live in? If she lives in Ghana, then she is scamming you. This is one of the biggest scams. Do not send her money. Or, tell us more about your g/f.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 2, 2014, 09:54 AM
    Is she from Ghana? Have you actually met her in person or just through the internet?

I don't know the situation here but this is a well known scam that is being run...so if you don't know her personally, haven't met her in real life, and only talked to her on the internet or the phone and now she wants to marry you but doesn't have the money...yeah, likely that you're being scammed.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2014, 06:54 PM
    She gets a passport from her native country and a visa from the country where she wants to go.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2014, 06:59 PM
    As was said.. if she's from Ghana you got played for a fool... you'll never see her, and you'll never see any of your money either.

Besides... England has immigrations laws... she doesn't get Citizenship just because she would marry you (if she actually did exist) and there is no guarantee she ever could get a VISA to live there.

But that's all moot... because I bet she is in "Ghana" she doesn't exist, and you seriously do not understand how legal immigrations happens anyway. And what is required even if she was real.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 04:23 AM
    She will contact the government of her own country for a passport. She will then contact the embassy of your country, in her country. In most nations, there are agents in large cities that do this for you.

Hopefully this is someone you actually meet, not just someone who emailed or messaged you on some web site. I actually get about 4 or so of those requests a week, because I am so public on the internet.

There are several south African nations where the fraud is common, but it also happens when they say they are in other nations ( but not as common)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport and visa [ 1 Answers ]

Please I am going To marry American citizen, so we been together there... How I Get the passport and the visa to stay there not a visit... Thank you!

Visa passport [ 5 Answers ]

Coming from ghana to australia for the first time to meet someone you met online do you need cash in the bank to sapport yourself if all goes wrong with relationship

Renewed passport recently but old passport with visa to usa lost... what 2 do? [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I renewed my passport but my old passport in which visa for usa was stamped ,got lost. What am I supposed to do?

Family visa cancellation with out stamping visa on passport [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Friends, I took my family visa and bring them according to that, but rightnow immediately I want to change my visa status. For that I have to go india, problem is wife passport didnnot stamped her visa. I want to know that with out stamping visa, cancellation is posible? How many days stay...

View more questions Search