Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilbit6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Adictted to oxycotin
    I want to know how to get off oxycotin with out having to go through withdraws please help me
    AliMarGoo Posts: 72, Reputation: 13

Aug 11, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Go to this website... OxyContin Awareness - Links It has different links for Dr's and support groups. I'll be praying for you. You've taken the first 2 big steps though and that was realizing you have an addiction, and 2 was asking for help. I wish you the best!
    Toyo Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
    LilBit, Let me try to help you. I was addicted to Lortab for over 2 years. At my peak I was doing about 20 to 25 pills a day. That's no lie. I finally had enough and could see where it was hurting my Family and job. I wanted to stop. My wife has a friend that is a Director if a Phychiatric Hospital. I called her up and explained to her my problem. I knew her pretty well. She referred me to a Dr. He put me on Suboxen. I have been on it since then. I take it about 3 times a day. Goes under my tongue. It is the MOST amazing drug in the world. I had NO side effects or withdrawl at all. Not all Dr's can prescribe this drug. It also is very expensive. Thank god my ins co pays it. If you Google it you will find a web site that tells you what dr's in your area can prescribe it. If you want to stop then you must find this drug. Pleas elet me know if I can help at all. You may contact me anytime. I would love to be able to help soembody get off these drugs. I am the type of person that you would never imagine having a drug problem. But I did, and I did bad.
    pcholakis Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Sep 7, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbit6
    i want to know how to get off oxycotin with out having to go through withdraws please help me
    See a doc... but basically you need to taper off using various concentrations of opiate-based drugs.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Methadone clinics are much cheaper. The site... "WE SPEAK METHADONE" :: Index... can help you or at least put you on the right track. Also if you have chronic pain, methadone also helps the pain.
    Plinko Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Sep 13, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Your fuuuuked. You can't not have any withdrawals after being addicted to ANYTHING especially oxy. Go to the methadone clinic and I have a feeling you will just get addicted to methadone. Here's a helpful tip to help you get off oxy. SMOKE WEED ALL DAY LONG. My work is done here.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
    The trick is to not get addicted in the first place. If the family is pre0disposed to addictive behavior - watch out.

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION

Pain meds are for just that, pain. Period. Take only when you have pain, never when you don't.
    leemia Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Get help from toyo but do not get addicted to anything else .why are you going to get off one drug, then get addicted to more drugs no,let toyo help you and you'll be fine is all about will power.mind over matter.never ,never get into methadone is the worse thing you could do the withdrawals are worse then oxy ten time worse.
    VLynn123 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Sep 18, 2007, 07:43 PM
    I'm a outpatient substance abuse counselor, my suggestion to you is find a methadone clinic, get yourself connected and get yourself on the program. The program should also have support groups that will benefit you, you'll be able to meet individuals who are going through the same thing. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me. Good Luck
    WeAreLost Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 25, 2007, 10:05 AM
    i want to know how to get off oxycotin with out having to go through withdraws please help me
    Without going through withdrawals is only possible from some wishful thinking. However: there is something I heard of but know nothing about, where they put you under and pump you ful of some kind of withdrawl drug and you wake up unhooked.
    ForbidenArts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Comment on KISS's post
    There was no answer to the question! Just a coment to make the asker feel more helpless
    422605 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 08:32 PM
    You could gradually reduce your dosage and or the amount of times you take it in a day!
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Jun 4, 2008, 07:07 AM
    You could reduce the dosage and that would work, but it takes a very strong person to do that. Strong people normally do not get addicted. One needs help and I do not see Methadone as being addicted to another drug. It is to help addicted people retain a normal life. Yes, it can be abused, but we are talking about help for oxycontin addiction.
    People also need counseling and they need others to talk to in order to change there behavior.
    VLynn123 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2008, 07:20 AM
    I totally agree with Isabelle. Finding a clinic that provides methadone with the counseling and groups worked in is a lot of help. Like I said previously, this is what I do, methadone helps a lot of people get back there lives, rebuild there relationships, gain employment, and self-respect. Good Luck to you. And anyone who is suffering from addiction, it's not too late - get help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxycotin Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how long Oxycotin stays in your system and would show up in an UA? What is the longest time that withdrawals can last? Severe stomach pains is one sign of withdrawal can you tell me if that can come from taking them the normal way? Or can this be from snorting them, shooting...

Spouse Addicted to Oxycotin [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am going through a difficult time right now and need some emotional support and some extra prayers. My husband was and most likely is still addicted to Oxycotin. 1 1/2 years ago he really flipped out on Oxycotin. He didn't work for over 4 months, laid in the bed 24 hrs. a day and did...

Oxycotin/Oxycodone side affects [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if these medications (for cancer pain) could cause the throat to close up, (or give the sensation of closing up)?

Addicted to oxycotin [ 5 Answers ]

I Need To Know About Withdrawals From Oxycotin And How To Come Off Fo Them And Side Effects Please Help Me I Want To Come Off Them With Out All The Withdrawals I Have Been Taking Them For Two Years Because I Have Health Issues And My Doctor Is Wanting To Take My Off Them Cold Turkey And Iam Scared...

View more questions Search