Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nugentoffer Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2015, 08:47 PM
    Can you tell me how big this HVAC duct is? [pic]
    A portion of this duct has split in half in my attic, and I wanted to repair it with a new R6.0 duct. I just can't tell what size this is based on the tag. Is it 8'' or 10''?

The tag says:

Max. Velocity : 6000 F.P.M
    Max Pos. Pressure : 10 IN W.C.
    Max Neg. Pressure : 1/2 IN W.C.

Thanks. Here is a link to the picture :

http://www.evernote.com/l/AW6A-SfUU9...NaIS30X64TEnw/
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2015, 12:11 PM
    That is a performance tag. 6,000 lineal feet of air per minute. 10" water column positive pressure, 1/2" negative pressure. I see a D 4338 so my guess would be 8"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HVAC Duct Work [ 0 Answers ]

What type of duct should be used to connect an outdoor package HVAC Unit to the existing ductwork in the attic of a 1 story home

I have SS duct (HVAC) to be connected to a Galvanized steel duct. Do I need dielectri [ 1 Answers ]

Do I require dielectric washers to join the SS duct to Galvanized steel duct in HVAC duct network?

Duct Work H3LP! Pic included Stumped! [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a doublewide trailor, The duct working in the trailor is no good and I want to replace it with flex. I have a brand new already hookedup 3 ton goodman unit that is supplying the original trailor duct work via 2 8" flex pipes coming from a 16". I need advise, I am not new to hard work but...

HVAC- leakage in duct [ 2 Answers ]

What 's trhe reason of water leakage in the duct when the slope, operation of ac are allright?

View more questions Search