Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cesar44 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 05:05 AM
    How to calculate the air supply size for a room, according to duct size?
    I have a 4 ton central heating and a/c. My bathroom was remodeled and now is 66 sf. My existing flex duct to the bath is 7" DIA.
    Can I use a 12x4 supply boot with a 7" duct, or do I have to change the duct size?
    How can I calculate the size of a supply boot according to duct size?
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2011, 10:43 AM
    I wouldn't worry about this 66 so ft, and 12 x 4? a 7 inch duct is huge for any bathroom, just be sure that the flex ducting is taught and without sags or bends, they must be taut and straight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate size of air intake for air conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

We have replaced our air conditioner and it has a higher capacity than the old one. We were told to increase the size of our air intake, but I am not sure how they calculated the square footage (they told us to double the size). How do you calculate the proper size of the air intake? Any...

What size flex duct runs off a 5 ton air handler [ 5 Answers ]

Have a 5 ton air handler with a 4 ton condenser. Off my supply plenum I have 3-6", 1-9" and 1 10" flex runs I know they are too small. Will replaceing the 9 and 10" runs with 2-12" runs be enough so I don't restrick this handler

How to calculate the max RAM size and Hard disk size for 32 bit and 64 bit OS? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know the factors that limits the max size of RAM and Hard disk and how they are calculated. Thank you.

Sub Panel AMP Size and Supply Wire Size [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install a sub panel in my garage I was told to run 6/3 Romex to supply the sub panel and have done so. The run is about 65 feet and I am now wondering after reading this site what is the max I can get for this size wire? I plan to supply a compressor (20 amp) and the garden...

Air handler room size [ 3 Answers ]

What are the minimum and optimum dimensions for the closet for an air handler for a heat pump HVAC system. This is for a 2200 sq ft residence.

View more questions Search