Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdshwaib Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2008, 03:51 AM
    HVAC- leakage in duct
    What 's trhe reason of water leakage in the duct when the slope, operation of ac are allright?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Well, something isn't right. The act of cooling the air removes moisture.

At the bottom of the evaporator in the furnace is a drain pan. This is connected to a drain. The drain may have a condensate pump on it. This drain may be plugged.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
    High moisture areas will also cause the metal duct to sweat which can look like water coming out of the duct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC leakage [ 1 Answers ]

My ac is leaking from unit on inside. Is there anything I can do to avoid calling technician? Also, the floors are soaking wet.

Embarrassing leakage [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I had 3 kids, and I am 41 years old. My last son was over 10 lbs and they were ALL regular deliveries, with no drugs. The last kid really did a number on me. So about 4 years ago I had a hysterectomy, BEST thing I ever did. No more monthlies and cramps. But ever since I was little, I had...

Leakage currents [ 7 Answers ]

To make a lengthly story short, I have found leakage current of about 120ma. In a one year old dishwasher. It seems to me that if this appliance lost its' ground, that it would be a lethal condition. Is that amount of leakage normal for a "new' appliance? GFI outlets are must trip at 7ma. What is...

Flexi Duct vrs Aluminum Duct [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding an addition onto my house. The local building inspector has already told me my HVAC unit is more than adequate in size to support the addition. The old duct vents are aluminum. Can or should I use flexi venting in the new part? What are the pros and cons of these two types of vent...

View more questions Search