Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsharon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Home repairs for seniors?
    Is it possible to have a representative come to Senior Citizen group and give a presentation regarding Home repairs for seniors in Portsmouth VA
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 01:35 PM

Yes, if the senior citizen group will allow them and if you can find any progams. There are not that many programs, you can start by checking with other non profit groups to see if there are any locally
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 06:48 AM

Another idea would be to check with the local city/town hall and see if they know anyone interested in assisting senior citizens with this. In most cases, the guys that do this see this as being a big boost to their business because it brings in customers and the customer's families... right?

Check the non-profits for sure, but check the local city/town hall and the building department... see what they may be able to do.

Good luck!

Mark
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2011, 06:58 AM

Is there a Home Depot or Lowe's in the area. Approach the manager of either of those stores. I would be very surprised if they don't accommodate you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home repairs for seniors [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are both retired and on fixed income we own a home that needs repairs Like the deck and railings our home insurance is treating to cancel if repairs are not done. Is there such a thing as a grant for home repairs?

Home repairs [ 2 Answers ]

How long is a typical stair tread depth? >Moved from Forum Help<

Independent seniors and home care business [ 6 Answers ]

I have a business plan to help seniors stay independent and stay at home, but I need advise on how and where to go for this type of help? I need a dependable bigger vehicle and I need to know what it entails to get bonded and can I get any federal grant assistance or state? I have helped a few...

View more questions Search