Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akbeast86 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Office 07 Trial Corrupts Office 03
    So I did the trial of Office 07 to teach myself Microsoft access to test out of a required college class on the program, but then when I removed it, my Office 2003 refuses to load due to a missing .cab file, specifically SKU112.cab.:eek: I did a full search of my PC and it's gone all right. So are my discs. Is there anywhere I can dl the file, or can I get it back? :confused: support.microsoft.com offered zip- worth of help.:mad:

THX in advance... :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Just repair your 2003 installation.

Jan 7, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Just repair your 2003 installation.
    You can repair without the Discs? I don't have the install discs... :confused:

Jan 7, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Why not?

Jan 8, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Why not?

Just tried it. Doesn't work.. needs SKU112.cab. It's not on my comp.

? Any other suggestions?

Jan 8, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Tried the LIS tool.. it demands the original source of the install... my dad bought 3 licenses, and I went off to college 3k miles away from home with him having the discs, and I'd rather not have to mail them back and forth across the country... is there anything else that could help??

Jan 8, 2008, 08:28 AM
    You can make a copy of the disks as long as they are for personal use only. You can also load the contents of the disk onto your hard drive.

Jan 8, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Figured out how to fix it.. I Sys restored until before I uninstalled office 07, and instead of uninstalling, deleted the files. It messes with my registry probably, but my comp acts like office 07 was never there and office 03 runs without error. Do some reg cleaning later probably. Thanks for all the help though.. :)

Jan 8, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office 2003 vs office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so my new tablet laptop has a 3-month free trial for MS Office 2003... my ? Is, if I create a bunch of documents in Office 2003, will I still be able to work/edit them in Office 2000 once the 3-month trial of Office 2003 is over?

Office 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

What is Microsoft office 2003? It is an application software.

Problems with office 10 and office 11 [ 9 Answers ]

OK I had office 2002 installed. The os is 2k. When in outlook using word as email editor. Word will encounter a problem. Ask to send a report shutdown then try to reclaim what you were working on. I have deleted the users profile and recreated it. I upgraded finally to office 2003. Still the same...

Ms Office [ 3 Answers ]

Hi when I try to open a word file its taking a long time for it to open as it says its scanning for virus.. its taking almost 2 minutes for a file to open. It happens with the smallest size of word document

Xp Office [ 5 Answers ]

I have an Me Operating system and I`m trying to install the Microsoft Xp Office. It is installed successfully but as I reboot the installation is lost.When I click on the shortcut for either Word,exel or Powerpoint ,I always get the massage `This action only valid for products that are currently...

View more questions Search