Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingsmolen Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2017, 10:41 PM
    Am I depressed? Or what?
    So typically I'm a really happy person, for the past week or so I have been in this very interesting space. It's like I don't want anything but I'm happy. Than I think about my goals and I'm like "I better start working on them" however I don't know what to work towards and why. My passions are health,fitness,psychology and spirituality. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's hard for me to want to move forward.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 11, 2017, 04:53 AM
    Why would you even characterize a lull in the action, or low energy, or slow thoughts, as depression? Life is full of highs and lows, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Instead of worrying and stressing yourself, take the lows, or slowdowns in the action, a time to coast, relax, putz around with the little simple things in your life, and gather yourself for the next high.

I'm no doctor for sure, but know the value of recharging the battery so to speak, because things have a way of picking up, and moving faster later. The thrill may not be present now, but may well be back soon. I think a key to life is dealing with the highs AND lows from a good place, and that means don't freak yourself out whether life is a rollercoaster, or trolley car. Best enjoy them both.

Maybe you're just bored.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2017, 05:18 AM
    It's okay and fine to give yourself a break. You mention fitness. When we exercise we release endorphins into our body. Endorphins trigger happiness in the body so I would encourage you to keep up with that. Nothing makes me feel better than walking off the tennis court after a 3 hour session. But more importantly, don't beat yourself up for a short period of not walking on cloud 9.
    kingsmolen Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2017, 10:10 PM
    Both of you helped tremendously. I guess I am bored. At work and with my friends. Us I skipped the gym a week so what your saying makes so much sense. Thanks. To both of you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed at 13? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello,okay so um.. As I've said,I can't see my sister,it keeps bugging me. In school there's a boy called Jake, he calls me a fat whore,slut,slag etc.. its making want to just lock away. I've broke up with my boyfriend and he's making up saying I'm pregnant with his baby,we haven't even had...

How do I tell my mom I'm very depressed and I cut myself? [ 39 Answers ]

I've been depressed for as long as I can remember, I think since at least 4th grade maybe longer. I'm currently in the middle of freshman year and I've restarted cutting myself a couple of months ago. I've also been taking tests to see how depressed am I and so far I'm either serious or very...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

I'm depressed [ 1 Answers ]

My dad is some what a dictator in our house. My brother mother and I can never say anything against his opinion otherwise there is a risk of him getting angry or violent. He has hit me, my brother and my mother in the past and once when I was about 8 years old he slapped me so many times that I had...

I'm depressed and don't know what to do [ 3 Answers ]

Ok. I told my mom and dad I get depressed. But its at least once a month. It reqally annoying. My mom understands it a little better than my dad because she had to take a course in depression because she works with age concern. My mom told me I have to do something that will take my mind of...

View more questions Search