Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asher Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 04:21 AM
    Word 2003 indent problem.
    Link to the Word 2003 problem image.
    Ever since I installed Word 2003, the margins of pages have been huge.
    I tried resizing them to my likings, but I couldn't get a perfect fit (The standard default that I'm so used to).
    Does anyone know the default or can give me a configuration to make them look normal again?
    I already tried making the settings default again and it didn't work. These margins are too big!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Open Normal.Dot. Go to File>Page Setup and change the margins to what you want (margins, not indents. Indents have to do with paragraphs). Then save normal.dot. Any new blank docs you create will now have the new default margins.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 07:48 AM
    In the Page Setup dialog box there is a button at the bottom left conveniently marked "Default". Set up the page as you like it then click on that button.
    Asher Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 12:28 PM
    I clicked the default button, but the margins looked the same.
    What are your Page Setup > Margin options?

I changed the 35mm to 30mm for the top and I think it looks fine..
    But is the default 30mm for top bottom right left for you guys?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I'm an inches guy. I generally use a 1" all around margin. Microsoft defaults to 1" top and bottom and 1.25' left and right. One inch is 2.4cm so that's 24 mm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word 2003 slow down [ 3 Answers ]

I use XP Pro and Office 2003. After I completed a Windows Update and all patches completed Word 2003 runs like a dog for a couple of minutes. I can hear my hard drive working when I bring up a Word doc and delays affect my mouse movement until something times out and releases it. This goes on...

Word 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

How do you insert a table into word 2003?

Office 2003 automat virus scan - how to turn off in MS Word [ 1 Answers ]

I have Office 2003 & Norton 2007 security. How do you stop the automatic vius scan every time you open a word document?:

Word 2003 problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Using word 2003 (office 2003) I created a document and saved it. While checking over the doc I noticed I made an mistake in the header. When I corrected the mistake the text was red and a vertical line appeared outside the header text box. When I printed the doc, the line printed. How can I...

MS Word 2003: Bullet Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Normally to create bullets I just type an asterik at the start of my paragraph. When I go down to the next line, word replaces this asterik with a bullet for me and indents the paragraph accordingly. Trouble is that I seem to have hit a key combination that has turned this shortcut...

View more questions Search