Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mickster4 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2016, 07:39 PM
    Ex-Girlfriend Manic the whole time?
    Just had a quick question about the up's and down's of Mania. Is it possible you can get depressed still while in a manic state? I've got some experience in mental health, but I've truly never thought of this before. Story follow's as this: My now ex-girlfriend had a pretty bad manic episode about a month ago, then "maybe" was done with it and got in the depressed stage. Talked tonight could tell she was manic again badly. Is it possible that she was in a manic state the whole time?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2016, 07:53 PM
    There's something called rapid-cycling mania. That might be what's going on for her. Depression is very brief between manic episodes.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2016, 04:09 AM
    Bipolar can be just about any kind of cycle you can imagine, with variety all along the spectrum. So yes, but how does that help? Identifying her 'state' isn't what it's about. How she deals with it all is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2016, 07:11 AM
    You are asking the wrong people the wrong questions. Impossible to explain the mental state of an unknown person to unknown people because mental issues, and behaviors are way to complex. The question to ask YOURSELF, is how do you deal with the issues of others, be it mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual.

Everyone has issues, even ME (:D)! So the history with your ex doesn't really matter but the thing to understand is you may never know the full extent of her issues so examine your own, and no how best you should deal with it. I can tell you from experience that some things will never be understood about others for a LONG time. I know not the answer you may want to hear, but sometimes there are no real definitive answers to complex questions that require a whole lot more FACTS that are not provided.

For now chalk her up as MOODY rather than depressed, or mentally challenged or MANIC, and maybe someday you can get the TRUTH on her mental/emotional state, which only a trained professional that has examined her can accurately diagnose, or even understand let alone explain. It really doesn't matter how many people you know that are mentally challenged, since your own lack of knowledge (experience yes, maybe, but knowledge NO) is to limited in itself to even know the real meanings behind the terms you have used.

They are nothing but LABELS, and is why in my experience, I avoid them a well as the people whose behavior I cannot deal with, much like your brother towards your father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants time to think? Second time in a week? Girls please help? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, Me and my girlfriend are both 22 and have been together now for 4 months. We were getting along great until I got drunk a few times and started an argument for no reason. This scared her a bit which is understandable so she said she wanted some space. I gave her this space and last...

Confused with my girlfriend giving me hard time for space and time situation.. [ 28 Answers ]

Hi my name is Glenn, and I've been with my girlfriend for 4 years and 2 months but we broke up its been 4 months for the reason that she stop calling or texting me for 2 weeks and I jump into conclusion that she have been cheating in that span of time so I broke up with her, but then I realize I...

Girlfriend told me she needs "me time and time to think"... What does she mean? [ 6 Answers ]

So I have been dating this girl for about 2 1/2 months and it has been very good she says she loves me and I love her too but she recently told me that she needs "me time and time to think". What does she mean by this? She had someone close to her die a couple months ago (her ex) and its still...

Am I manic depressive? [ 1 Answers ]

There is history of depression and manic depression in my immediate family. I am aged 14 going on 15 in August. I find it difficult to keep friends for long as I have very sudden irritations with people. Sometimes I feel that my relationships with people are much more complex then what other...

Best friend manic? [ 1 Answers ]

One of my best friends is -- I think -- going through a manic episode or maybe a psychotic break. She's drinking a lot, can't really have a linear conversation, she's very distractable, isn't taking her job all that seriously, is experiencing boundary issues, and is making a series of bad...

View more questions Search