Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jan 7, 2016, 01:58 PM
    Language
    Can anyone help with this. My daughter asked me what language this was? While I am fairly well educated, I really had no idea. Despite a Google image search I have not been able to identify.

Thanks in advance

Colin
    Attached Images

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2016, 07:28 PM
    Compare it to Thai writing. This is a very small sample, but the characters have that appearance
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jan 8, 2016, 02:42 AM
    Thanks Fr-Chuck,

I have been through Thai and Sanskrit and a few others. It was found on a gate in the New Forest (Hampshire, UK) and I was leaning towards some sort of druid times script. It would be a lot easier to just ask the owner I suppose. But I do love a riddle.

Once again thank you

Colin
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2016, 06:57 AM
    If you have not figured it out, by End of February, message me again with it. And I will show it to our language expert on campus. We are on spring break now till Feb 22.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2016, 06:40 PM
    Could be a type of Rune considering the location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if community language is my national language [ 1 Answers ]

Australian community language Urdu is my national language. Now, please tell me in this case if I want to claim these points what documents are required? Even I am native Urdu speaker.

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

Language [ 3 Answers ]

What is the correct form of verb to be for the following sentence,"is" or "are"? The public(be)------------- invited to attend the meeting.

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search