Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Jun 25, 2007, 01:47 AM
    Who is my family
    I am trying to find any info on my dad's family. The problem... I don't have any info. I have my dad's name. No other info is available to me. Last I knew, he was alive in Hobe Sound, FL. His father (I believe) had the same name... Raymond Melvin Peacock. All of these sights I go to want me to pay, but why pay if the info isn't pertaining to my family... or how do I know :) Unfortunately, there is no one that can give me any more info than I have.
    If you can help... please do!
    Thanks in advanced
    kellyxmx Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 01:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg219
    I am trying to find any info on my dad's family. The problem...I don't have any info. I have my dad's name. No other info is available to me. Last I knew, he was alive in Hobe Sound, FL. His father (I believe) had the same name... Raymond Melvin Peacock. All of these sights I go to want me to pay, but why pay if the info isn't pertaining to my family...or how do I know :) Unfortunately, there is no one that can give me any more info than I have.
    If you can help.......please do!
    Thanks in advanced
    Hi this is asleigh am just wondeing hve you ever tried using this website Family tree . Family trees . Genes Reunited or org . Uk a nt sure of and bit sorry bu I you do manage to gt on the website please do etme know if you have any luc xx:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 03:02 AM
    You might want to try the following link: Peoplefinders.com | People Summary

There are Raymond M. Peacocks there in different cities.

The next thing that I would try is put "Raymond Peacock" FL in a Google search. The results are on the following link: "Raymond Peacock" FL - Google Search You might call that person and see if there is any connection.

Also, on the site we are on right now, you might like to try the resources that are mentioned on the following link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/geneal...ice-48294.html
    littleworry Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Hi there. Do you know your fathers birth town? What you could do is pop down to the birth regestration place where everyone's birth/death/marrage is logged. It's a lot more advanced these days. Doing that will get you your grandparents names.

Then you will have more leads to search on. It is a start... and you might not be able to actually find your father straight away but you may find people who went to school with him for example. And they can help you map out what he did when he left school. So you can have a better idea on where to look.

Go to his home town and try organising a school reunion. (the more work you put in the more you will get out of it) you might not find him but it will give you a chance to meet some of the people who may know where abouts he is.

You have got to keep trying. And you will find him eventually.

Jul 8, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Hi there. Do you know your fathers birth town? What you could do is pop down to the birth regestration place where everyone's birth/death/marrage is logged. It's a lot more advanced these days. Doing that will get you your grandparents names.

Then you will have more leads to search on. It is a start... and you might not be able to actually find your father straight away but you may find people who went to school with him for example. And they can help you map out what he did when he left school. So you can have a better idea on where to look.

Go to his home town and try organising a school reunion. (the more work you put in the more you will get out of it) you might not find him but it will give you a chance to meet some of the people who may know where abouts he is.

You have got to keep trying. And you will find him eventually.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2007, 07:23 AM
    I found one with the complete name including the correct middle int.
    I also found one in FL ( found several but all but one had the incorrect middle name) And found several with no middle initial listed.

Now also just because the person says they are not the right person does not mean they are not, my real father denied to the day he died that I was his child, but latter his sister found me listed in the family bible, and his older sisters knew of me. So some birth fathers or mothers don't want children back in their life and will just lie.

Raymond M. Peacock
    137 Washington Ave
    Gardiner, ME 04345-2036
    207-582-6076

Raymond Peacock
    1135 Hinman Ct
    Akron, OH 44301-1438
    330-773-5001

Raymond Peacock
    Werner Rd
    Hatfield, PA 19440-0000
    215-855-6602

Raymond Peacock
    152 Lewisville Ct
    Phoenixville, PA 19460-2864
    610-933-5402

Raymond Peacock
    29516 Bernice Dr
    Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275-1317
    310-833-6857

Raymond Peacock
    2662 S Holman St
    Lakewood, CO 80228-5314
    303-989-1482

Raymond Peacock
    5931 Loch Arbor Ln
    Charlotte, NC 28227-4174
    704-545-3216

Ray Peacock
    2190 S Kissingen Ave
    Bartow FL
    963-533-5829

All names, address, phones are merely public records, no confidential info is listed or given out.

Jul 8, 2007, 10:53 AM
    That is very sad but true. Sometimes its hard to let go and there are answers that you want answering which is why people search for their lost families

But you never know that he might be looking for u,
    PinkBabyPink Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Get your birth certificate, the long version. Many times there is info on the parents. I found a Melvin Peacock who served in the military & one who died in Fl in 2003. Looks like he came from Indiana. If you are really interested, you should post on Roots Web. You need to say a little more about where you were born, possible time frame. You don't have to give too many details, but people can help you if you give them clues. Good luck. That's how I found my lost family.
    Honsa S Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Hello
    I am Susie Honsa. My husbands sister Pearl was married to a Melvin Peacock. They were together for25 years but only lived under the name Peacock for the last 3 or 4 years before he died. He was born in Indiana and his family is on the 1930 census. His fathers name was also Melvin. Contact me at [email protected]

P.S. for the first 20 years they lived with the name Melvin Reynard
    kpegelow Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jun 4, 2009, 10:00 PM

Try this on for size: 11 [1985] Winifred E. "Buddy" Gileau Private -
    ... +[1986] Raymond Melvin "Ray" Peacock 1924 - 1957
    ... *2nd Husband of [1985] Winifred E. "Buddy" Gileau:
    ... +[1987] Murray Flanders Private
    Sugarbeads Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 05:47 AM
    Comment on kpegelow's post
    This info is correct, and this particular Raymond Peacock had a son with the same name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tell my family? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm 15 year old goth/emo female.Ok.I think I'm bisexual.I'm pretty sure I am.I think about having sex with them and everything.But I don't know how to tell my family.Because they "make fun of" non straight people.And I fear that they will disown me and mock me. What should I do?:confused:

Family Law [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had an affair for a year with an unmarried woman and I want to know if there is a way I can take her to court and press charges?

Family and People [ 3 Answers ]

How do i deal with my mate who was just recently released from prison in december? I am trying to deal with the fact that maybe emotionally he is adjusting, but in the meantime it's making me angry. The other thing i notice is that everything is centered around his needs,desires and wants! ...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Help with family [ 3 Answers ]

Dear, I need help on a situation that, I guess can be described as somewhat abusive. My 20-year-old sister "Kim" has turned into a burden that I don't think I can handle, nor do I want to. I feel like my family is being torn apart an I am being torn up inside. "Kim" is the middle child in...

View more questions Search