Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rykien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Lost sound on my computer. Problems with multimedia controllers.
    Hello I seem to have accidentally deleted the software for my audio chip in my computer... being that I don't have the original software disc to re-install it, I was wondering what can I do to get this to work again... I seam to hear a lot about installing new drivers but I'm not sure which ones to install or where to get them... any help would be appreciated.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Go to
    DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com
    It's free
    And on the left hand side there is a sign up link, click on that and sign on as a new user
    Supply the info and you will be provided a password, and when your done with signing up you will be able to scan your computer through this site and it will provide you with drivers for your PC, sometimes during the sign up process it may offer you ads and other stuff you don't need to worry about, at the bottom of the page with info you are not interested in there should be a "skip" button you can press on
    Once you get signed up though, you will not have to worry about this again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia audio controller - no sound [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 so I don't know much about my computer besides it's custom made. I redownloaded Windows XP (XP Service pack 2) and now have no sound. I checked devices and found multimedia audio controller had a yellow triangle with an excitement mark inside it. I attempted to reinstall drivers but all I...

Multimedia audio controllers [ 1 Answers ]

Situation: I bought a new anti-virus program for my dell optiplex gx270 (win XP pro). It messed up my ability to see already installed videos in my cpu (DivX). I removed the antivirus program and all of its components. Since then, my cpu has no sound. Will not play CDs. Will not play sound...

Removed multimedia sound controller [ 2 Answers ]

Hi dude By mistake I had removed my smound max multimedia audio controller I have restored my system but still its not working There is no speaker icon in my system tray I have downloaded relatek audio driver, bt while I am trying to install its giving me "no driver found" How do I fix this...

No sound (multimedia audio controller not working) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on the dell sight and some of the drivers won't even work.. I have a Dimension E510.. Im really at a loss.. I don't even know what I have to do from here on.. If you could help me it'd be greatly appriciated The worst part is there is something called multimedia audio controller...

View more questions Search