Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Sep 13, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Old treasure hunt movie.
    Probably a late 70ies movie, in which many groups of people are simultaneously looking for a hidden treasure. They each go after it in their separate cars in a competitive way, trying to sabotage each others progress. I think at one point one group is locked in some sort of shop, to stop it from winning. I am not sure but if I remember correctly it could be a comedy in some sort, so an adventure-comedy genre. The search takes place in an urban or a bit rural area, but not in a jungle like most of such treasure hunt movies. In the end, the spot where the treasure is buried, marked on the map by an “X” , turns out to be formed on the ground by two crossed coconut trees forming an X shape. This all I can remember I hope it helps you to identify the movie for me. Thankssssssss in advance….
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Could it be "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"? That's about a scavenger hunt/race for $350k worth of stolen money.

Sep 13, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    Could it be "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"? That's about a scavenger hunt/race for $350k worth of stolen money.

I will check it out thanks.

Sep 13, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    It seems like it, I will have to get it to know for sure :) thanks
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:29 AM
    It is a crazy movie! I haven't seen it for years, I'm going to add it to my Netflix list now that you have made me think of it. Thanks!
    Swexxi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by edzmedz
    Probably a late 70ies movie, in which many groups of people are simultaneously looking for a hidden treasure. They each go after it in their separate cars in a competitive way, trying to sabotage each others progress. I think at one point one group is locked in some sort of shop, to stop it from winning. I am not sure but if I remember correctly it could be a comedy in some sort, so an adventure-comedy genre. The search takes place in an urban or a bit rural area, but not in a jungle like most of such treasure hunt movies. In the end, the spot where the treasure is buried, marked on the map by an “X” , turns out to be formed on the ground by two crossed coconut trees forming an X shape. This all I can remember I hope it helps you to identify the movie for me. Thankssssssss in advance….
    Scavenger Hunt (1979)

Scavenger Hunt
    I love it too
    Swexxi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Scavenger Hunt
    Scavenger Hunt (1979)

the X on the trees is on a totally different movie.
    Teddy Ribbons Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 07:32 AM
    It sounds like Scavenger Hunt, with Clevon Little.
    Forte316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 10:41 PM
    Does this movie end with a team pulling a suitcase full of money from underneath a bridge and the handle ends up breaking on the suitcase which opens and dumps the money all ove th eplace? If not does anybody know which move that is cause that's the only scene that I can remember from said movie and it's been driving me nuts.
    curious_G Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 10:21 AM
    The Cannonball Run (1981)?
    Im looking for a film where they get locked in a police cell (while looking for the treasure/money)and the cop does an impression of Columbo,not but hopefully its one of these
    jd3000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 03:37 PM
    MILLION DOLLAR MYSTERY 1987

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Mystery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Late 80's movie or early 90's movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this movie where there is this girl who has long red hair and she lives with her mom and grandpa and she want to trade places with the rich popular girl. And they do switch.. I can't remember the name of the movie can anyone help me??

An oldish kids movie with a treasure chest.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey alls I remember is a kids movie, That's has real actors and cartoon characters in it, And a bad character steals a treasure chest from the boy and alls there is inside the chest is a stone, a marble, and a feather. I'm not exactly sure of all the details, I could be slightly off. Does any...

View more questions Search