Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolverine52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 11:27 AM
    Best router to use to receive netflix streaming movies on TV
    I recently purchased a Samsung 63" plasma TV with a Samsung blu-ray player in order to receive Netflix streaming movies. On occasion while watching the movie/tv series will stop & it appears to then re-boot & then it will continue. I have a basic router with 2 computers in my computer room upstairs with the plasma TV downstairs in the den.Quality bars show between 50%-75% on Netflix indicator before retrieving program. Is this caused by router & what is best router to buy to remedy situation please?
    rs232c Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 02:17 AM

50 to 75% sounds like you have a big house or a weak router. Other interference can be if you have an internet telephone or other high band sucking device. You should first increase your signal with a better router, amplifier, or repeater which for home use don't cost a lot anymore. Also check your QOS settings if your router has them to prioritize the Blue-Ray player.

Best I can do.
    dlfink Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2013, 02:54 PM
    Will N300 netgear have enough speed to stream movies on line?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 20, 2013, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dlfink View Post
    Will N300 netgear have enough speed to stream movies on line?
    Yes and no. Mostly its going to depend on what type of internet service you have and what is connected to that service. The pipeline width of the router is plenty but you can't put out more then you take in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Netflix worth the money? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm considering perscribing to netflix, I'm not sure if I should buy the membership because I thinkit might be too expensive! Can someone please tell me if its worth the money and also how much it would cost to get unlimeted movies for a month? Thanks! :D

Is there any good Netflix Video Downloader? [ 23 Answers ]

I would like to find a good way to record movies from Netflix, a Netflix Video Downloader which works well. Any idea? I have already tried to download some movies with the add-on I'm downloading YouTube videos and didn't work. Any help appreciated.

Can my taxes refund be garnish if I receive cash aid asistance I haven't receive no le [ 1 Answers ]

If I receive cash aid asistance in California does my baby daddy have to pay it back with taxes refund even dough they haven't notify me about any outsatnding balance??

Best wireless router/adapter combo for streaming netflix [ 1 Answers ]

Hey. I have an lg 370 blu-ray player that will accept an internet stream from Netflix. My computer is in one room, TV in another. What's the best wireless setup to make sure movies stream smoothly to the TV?

View more questions Search