Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mycali2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Dimer switch wiring?
    I am replacing a single pole switch with a new dimer switch. On the dimer there are four wires, rerd-black-blue and the ground. Where are all these wires connecting to. Jeff
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Mar 20, 2006, 10:25 PM
    The black wire should connect to the feed wire (the wire providing incoming power to the box - probably black), the blue wire should be connected to the load wire (the wire going out to the light fixture - probably black, possibly red), the red wire is unused - cap it off (it is only necessary for three-way switching), and the ground wire connects to (obviously) the other ground wires in the box.

Cheers,
    Moishe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan Wiring To Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new ceiling fan in a room where the switch previously controlled only an outlet and there was no power directly at the switch, only at the outlet. At the switch box I wired the two white wires together and then wired the black wires, one each, to the screws on the switch. The...

Wiring manual fan switch [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to wire my blower motor to my Honeywell CT2800 programmable thermostat so that I can use the manual blower switch. However, I am a bit confused as to how to do this. The furnace is a Clare Brothers MBG120. The 120VAC comes into the furnace and the white wire goes to the 120VAC to 24VAC...

Wiring a light switch [ 2 Answers ]

The light currently just has a pull cord and I want a simple wall switch instead. The power runs to the light from the other side of the room. Do I just need to run a wire from the switch to the light and tie it in or have the power come to the switch first and then to the light? How does it tie...

Furnace fan switch wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I have an oil furnace, controlled by a thermostat that only has 2 wires going to it, but I want to be able to turn on the fan only from the fan switch on the t-stat. There do not appear to be any further connections at the furnace to hook up to, and the fan switch at the furnace (which can be set...

View more questions Search