Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina12181 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 09:02 PM
    equations and inequalities with consecutive numbers
    five decreased by eleven times a number is greater than 71. Evaluate this problem situation for values of the number.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2011, 09:10 PM
    Gosh, it's been a while since I've done this stuff but it seems this would be what you are looking for:

5-11x>71

OH yeah, so to finish it would be like this:

5-11x>71
    -5... -5

-11x>71-5

-11x>66
    ---- ----
    -11... -11

x>-6

I didn't check that answer against the original formula but it seems right from here.

(and sorry for the... 's, I had to do that to make it line up in the right spot)
    kkochan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 03:25 PM
    the sum of three consecutive integers is 48. What is the set of the three consecutive integers that fit the situation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand inequalities & how to find the slope from equations. [ 1 Answers ]

please show me a step by step procedure. find the slope of the line y=2/5x+6 Solve: 5(x+4)<-4+5x find the slope passing through the points A(-5,-5) and B(6,1) Solve: x+2-2(x+8)>0

Equations inequalities [ 2 Answers ]

solve |2x-4| < 10

Solving Linear Equations and Inequalities [ 4 Answers ]

I've been working on a practice set and this equation is giving me some trouble: -(3/4x-1/3)+2x The answer key says the answer is: 5/4x +1/3 I don't understand why the answer is stated as such. Shouldn't the 5/4x be -5/4x because of the distributive property? Also,

View more questions Search