Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennysuaan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 12:44 PM
    Weeing and pooing in house
    How do I train a 10 month old puppy to stop toileting in the house
    Acsses to garden at all times as the door remains open from early morning until late at night

She had been kept shut up in a flat most of the time and cage also
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 12:51 PM

If she has been pinned most of the time she proably know no better than to just relieve herself when she has to go... wherever that may be.

Although your door may be open at all times, she may not know that she is supposed to go out that door to potty.

What I would recommend, as it has worked with all my dogs, is to take her out, through that door, every few hours to potty and whenever she has finished eating or drinking. When she potty's praise her for doing so outside.

When she realizes that she gets praise for going outside to potty, she will catch on :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why has my 5 year old dog began pooing in the house? [ 2 Answers ]

in the last month my 5 year old, house trained, westie has began to randomly poo in the living room. Is it because we leave him in his crate for too long? He seems perfectly happy to stay in his crate no longer than 5 hours as long as he gets a good walk before or after? By the looks of it, its not...

Peeing and pooing [ 5 Answers ]

He is 16 weeks. We have a large pen in the kitchen. At one end is his sleeping area and at the other end is a large cookie tray for pooing and peeing. Sometimes he pees on the lg. tray and sometimes poos on it. Most of the time he does his business anywhere in the pen including on his blankets,...

My 4 year old male keeps weeing in the house. [ 8 Answers ]

We've had two jack russels for around 4 years now, they are treated well, walked, bathed and so on. Even though we haven't trained them to be super obedient such as always sitting when told to or barking on command, they are good dogs (even if the mis-behave at times) . But the problem is with the...

Rescued Puppy Pooing in House [ 3 Answers ]

I recently rescued a German Shepherd mix puppy from a family who kept him tied in their back yard to a tree with no shelter, food, water, or attention. My vet and I guess him to be about 6-7 months old. Considering this poor pup was chained outside for the first months of his life with no...

My dog keeps weeing. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My dog Chucky is great and during the day will always ask to go out for his business. However he has recently started to go during the night. I've sought advice and have followed it by taking away his water an hour before he goes to bed and although that worked for a few nights, he's...

View more questions Search