Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PTermite Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Constant headaches and vomiting
    Hi there, my girlfriend recently went to the Doctors because of constant headaches and vomiting, then the Doctor got a bit panicky and booked her a hospital appointment for a blood test and said he'd be there as well to take the results.

This doesn't seem normal at all, especially for a UK practice.
    I'm not sure what's wrong, she doesn't seem to have the symptoms of meningitis (My first thought) but if anyone could lend me an idea as to what's wrong before her blood test that would be great.

Many thanks in advance.
    catsandkittensandmittens Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jun 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Migraines will cause vomiting.

Jun 18, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Yeah, I was aware of that. And thank you, but could that be a cause of conern for her Doctor? I honestly hope that's all it is

Jun 18, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Maybe if the vomiting is severe aenough and the headaches are blinding. My mother suffered for years and would be bed ridden for days. So that could be the reason.

Jun 18, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Meningitis usually cause the person to be unable to bend over and there is severeback of the neck tenderness.

Jun 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Aye, I am unfortunately, fully aware of meningitis symptoms and also know that not all symptoms can show or appear. I'm more than likely just thinking the worst case scenario "Just in case" if that makes sense... Thanks a lot for your words cats :)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Let us know how it goes!

Jun 19, 2007, 01:15 PM
    I hope your girlfriend is feeling better today! I know you were so worried for her! Please let us know how she is doing.

Jun 20, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Hi, I'm not sure if she's feeling better yet she was very tired and groggy yesterday when she had her blood test.

They checked for other things like diabetes, I can't remember what else... Very tired and at work so can't check just yet, lol. I'm pretty sure the extra tests were purely precautionary.

Thank you all for support and kind words, it means a lot. Updates to follow.

Jun 22, 2007, 10:08 AM
    And the blood results are in...

She has low iron in her blood. So we'll see how well her "iron tablets" and extra vitamins will help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having painful headaches that start at the back of my head and go all the way to my temple for the past two weeks. I wake up with them I am tired all the time and now the headaches are getting worse. They seem to last for hours and go away for a couple of minutes but come back...

Headaches or something else [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has always suffered with headaches even during his childhood. I've talked to him about it and he won't give me any lead as to what is causing them. I don't know much about the headaches, but I do know that he used to have clinic visits for them and he was taking some kind of medicine....

Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am prone to headaches, usually around my period. I am a 23 year old female and have had a headache for two weeks straight(its not around my period) and was wondering if its normal to have a headache this long. I have taken over the counter prescription, nothing, called my doctor but because...

Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

I get headaches often (occationally migranes) but for the last two days I have had one quite different. Whenever I get up (from sitting, standing etc) it starts to hurt. In the beginning it was a little left of the top of my head and was VERY painful. It continued to bother me whenever I got up....

Headaches ! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My Glasses Got Broke And I Am Havig A Bad Time Getting Help .I Have No Income The Medical Assintance Office Is Giving Me A Run Around . I Keep Filling Out The Same Paper Work And When I Asked My Case Worker Why She Said This Is Normal . And When I Talked To Other People Who Are On Assintance...

View more questions Search