Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheppy25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Teacher Uniforms Pros and Cons
    I would like for the teachers at our school to wear uniforms. I'm not as concerned about students wearing uniforms because that is whole another topic. I want to know if anyone knows of a school that has uniforms for the teachers to wear? If so, how is that working and what are the pros and cons? Thanks!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Some daycares like Kindercare and Children's World require uniforms, but I have never seen a public school do it. I would expect the teacher's wouldn't go for it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Even the private schools here do not require a teacher to wear a uniform. Neither do the pre schools, like the Early Childhood Learning Center (a national chain type of preschool) or the Montessori School. What would be the benefit?
    richardsone Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2007, 04:13 PM
    What is your reasoning for teachers to have uniforms? I understand a dress code but what would the goal be for uniforms?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Some private academies require their teachers to wear uniforms, I believe.

Jul 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
    You mentioned that some academies do it, but the question was what is the belief standard behind having teachers wear uniforms. Why do it? :confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2007, 04:20 PM
    The students wear them, so teachers also wearing them gives the academy a look of unity, sharpness, cleanliness (e.g. white and blue), neatness, professionalism. Uniforms avoid the question, "Which outfit will I wear today?" (Btw, the academies that ask everyone to wear uniforms offer a variety of coordinated clothing so one doesn't wear the same "look" day after day.)

Jul 26, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Well I see your point. You're right it would give a sharpness to the school and I suppose unity of some sort. Being a teacher myself, I think I'd opt out of working at a school with uniforms for me. I work at a school with uniforms for the kids and believe strongly in it (Whole different tangent). Interesting thoughts.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Richard I would love to see students and all school personal wear uniforms. I think it gives the students a feeling of unity and the sense of when "I put my uniform on it is time to study." I really think it would benefit the public schools. Ok, as for the teachers wearing them, I was a volunteer at my children's school, until my last one left elementary. I can tell you some of the younger female teachers, wore their skirts so short, That I have seen their panties when the wind blew. No kidding, or they bend over and their breast are visible. I also think that they would be cost efficient for the parents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Holding a child back, pros and cons [ 56 Answers ]

Hello. I need some advice from those who have been there - done that or not done that. Here is my situation. My daughter is 6 years old and is in the first grade. She has a summer birthday and so she is a very young first grader. She made our cut off by 2 weeks when she started...

Pros/cons of diet pills [ 2 Answers ]

There are so many different kinds of diet pills out there. I want to loose wieght, but want to do it safely and effectivley. Do diet pills really work, are they dangerous, and are there any side-effects? What pills should I avoid, and which ones really work?

Excel formula pros needed [ 5 Answers ]

Im pretty good with Excel formulas but not pro enough for this. Is there a way to write a formula that will search for all instances of a certain date on a sheet and if it finds the date, it will take the cells value next to it and add them together?

Lexapro Pros & Cons [ 2 Answers ]

I just started on Lexicon yesterday and am interested in hearing other user's comments concerning any/all side effects and are they worth living with. Thanks f:confused: or any/all feedback

View more questions Search