Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Dec 31, 2006, 10:19 AM
    DVD to iPod Video
    Is there a way to put DVDs onto your iPod Video? If so, can anyone tell me how. It would be a real time and money saver.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2006, 10:48 AM
    I've seen some titles that say they will put video on your iPOD. You would probably have to rip the video from the DVD first, then use such a program to transfer it to the iPod.

Dec 31, 2006, 12:08 PM
    What program would I use for ripping and transferring? Will WMP be substantial?

Dec 31, 2006, 12:26 PM
    The software I mentioned should do that as well. Or there are a number of DVD rippers. Just do a search.

Dec 31, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I've seen some titles that say they will put video on your iPOD. You would probably have to rip the video from the DVD first, then use such a program to transfer it to the iPod.
    What were they?

Dec 31, 2006, 12:31 PM
    If I remembered the titles I would have listed them. Take some time and Google DVD to iPod or DVD rippers. You should find many listings.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Dec 31, 2006, 12:49 PM
    I've tried a few of those "all-in-one" converters - like the ImTOO converter... They work, but I found that the audio sync didn't always work out...

It's longer to do it manually, but I find the results much better... I use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD to my hard drive, then encode it with Vidomi to a Divx AVI file, and then use Videora to convert the AVI file to an MP4 I can play on my iPod.

But honestly - A 90 minute video almost completely kills the battery in my iPod, and I can't watch an entire movie on the 2 inch x 2 inch screen anyway...

Dec 31, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Are there any converters out there for free? I've been looking an hour now and they are all free demos, which are useless.

Dec 31, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Are there any converters out there for free? I've been looking an hour now and they are all free demos, which are useless.
    I haven't seen any of the "all-in-one" converters for free.

The manual tools I've listed above are all free.

Dec 31, 2006, 09:36 PM
    On the vidomi, it keeps saying "Encoder failed to initialize properly". Does this mean it has not worked properly. How could I fix this problem?

Dec 31, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Okay. I have the DVD on iTunes, but split into different movies. Can I combine two or more movies together in iTunes? I know you can do it with quicktime 7, but I don't want to buy the upgrade. Is there still a way?

Jan 1, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Also, when the movie is split into clips, there is at least one that has commentary or another language.

Jan 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Sounds like you didn't rip the DVD audio channels correctly, and that you don't have the codecs installed to encode your ripped video.

Here is a tutorial on how to use Vidomi with the Xvid codec...
    http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/xvidvidomi.html

The first part of this tutorial explains how to rip with DVD Decrypter...
    digitalFAQ.com | Copy DVDs with DVD2One

And this website contain all kind of articles and information on backing up DVD's and on how to encode video files...
    VideoHelp.com
    Number 14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 08:35 AM
    I use 3 programs, 1st use dvd decrpter, then use vob merge, and the to covert to mp4 I use sothink iPod converter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ipod [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble trying to figure out what generation iPod I have?

Nov. 2004, what's up with s-video? And dvd players? [ 7 Answers ]

What are your recommendations for dvd-players in the 130 $ range? Is s-video a much better picture or barely noticeable. Do you need an HDTV for s-video to work?

Ipod [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to remove songs from my iPod but nothing seems to work so I was wondering if anyone could direct me on how to remove the songs from my iPod.

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

How to put videos on my iPod video FOR PC! [ 1 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to do it, I have tried a few different programs but can't get them to work. My buddy uses handbrake for his MAC, but that doesn't help me much. I need something that will work for my PC version, can someone help me out here?

View more questions Search