Ask
    glenda4 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2017, 07:19 AM
    Does turmeric really ease joint pain
    I have shoulder inflammation will turmeric help with the pain
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 16, 2017, 11:06 AM
    I eat a lot of turmeric because I like the taste. I also have plenty of shoulder pain. I think turmeric helps with inflammation in general, but only in a small way, in conjunction with all sorts of other foods and activities and treatments.

The most helpful treatments are warmth and frequent, gentle movement. Second to those are how you sleep, making sure if you sleep on your sides that you have a large pillow under the top arm, so your shoulders aren't curled inward toward each other. During the day, if you sit at a desk a lot, rotate your arms backwards gently every 20 minutes or even more. Try some of the Ben Gay or Icy Hot ointments, that really do work for a while as pain relief. Ibuprofin and Tylenol help me. I take them together, more ibuprofin though. Some people alternate them. Make sure that your arm rests on your desk without it making your shoulder hunch up! That is a HUGE cause of pain. I shortened my desk to 24" because I am short. (That's for my back, too.)
    So... right position, gentle and frequent movement, sleeping with a pillow under your arm, WARMTH.
    loardeva Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2017, 12:29 AM
    Actually, joint pain occurs when your shoulder doesn't get proper support. But I think turmeric can be helpful for a short time not remove the pain permanently. And if you think that you are feeling joint pains daily then I think it's time to change your pillows. You have to choose an ergonomic pillow that can support your head and shoulder properly so that you don't feel pain anymore. But first, you need to know what type of pillow is best for you. That's why do Google search and you'll find different types of pillow sites. Hope that this will be helpful for you.
    prostateseed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2017, 02:55 AM
    If you want maximum health for the long-term, you want to live a lifestyle where you avoid synthetic products as much as possible. Why would you consume synthetic products after all, when you have no idea what the products' side effects are? Turmeric as an anti-inflammatory in fact, is highly effective in its base form. This is due to the existence of curcumin in it, a compound in Turmeric that provides those benefits, and much more.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2017, 07:55 AM
    Joy I LOATHE the taste of turmeric. I do one heaping tablespoon in a 20 oz. cup of hot tea each morning. Some people believe turmeric prevents plaque from building up on the brain. Plaque causes dementia and my mother died from Alzheimer's. But blah, I hate the taste. Turmeric also can get rid of boils overnight.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 24, 2017, 03:47 PM
    I put it in every pot of rice, with green herbs.
    I also make blender soup of winter squash, carrots, ricotta, and chicken broth. Turmeric and ginger and nutmeg added.

Maybe a heaping T in 20 oz of tea is just a wee bit concentrated???? LOL

Aside from the genetic component of Alzheimer's, it has been the practice for decades to not give anticholinergics found in many OTC drugs like Benedryl to the elderly in nursing homes, but now a study of 30,000 medical records shows a high correlation between younger people using anticholinergics and Alzheimer's later. Gee, who'd a thunk. If you take ANY of them, and there are a lot, STOP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint pain [ 5 Answers ]

Every once in awhile one of my joints start throbbing. Like it starts in my shoulders then moves to elbows. Wrist , this has gone on since I was 15 probably and I'm 21 now happens every couple months sometimes twice close together

I've burned myself with boiling water, will painkillers ease pain [ 1 Answers ]

I've burned myself with boiling water, will painkillers ease pain? Please tell me fast it hurts like hell!

Looking to ease the pain of searching every card. [ 0 Answers ]

We have several boxes of baseball cards and we are pricing one by one,is there a site that could take a scan and identify cards and price them?

How to ease a pain [ 1 Answers ]

My son hates me. He treats very bad although we talk almost never. I know I made many mistakes, but I also know I've done a great deal for him. I feel a terrible pain, how can I ease this pain?

Joint Pain Everywhere [ 11 Answers ]

I'm eighteen years old and I've been experiencing joint pain lately, and was wondering where it's coming from. It started when I sprained my ankle last month, and then my knee started swelling up out of nowhere. Then my whole leg started swelling... The pain started from my ankle and knee to my...

View more questions Search