Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Dec 16, 2016, 12:58 AM
    Turned air conditioning by accident
    Hi: I have a new electronic digital thermostat. I accidentally turned on the central air for several hours. It is 20 degrees. Do I need to be concerned that I damaged the central air unit which is located outside next to the house?

Thanks for your help
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2016, 08:08 AM
    Was the Outside Compressor Fan spinning? And was it cooling?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2016, 03:34 PM
    If its cold out to begin with I don't see that it would have been doing anything at all... A/C would only come on once the temperature at the Thermostat EXCEEDED the setting... as long as it was below that nothing would happen. Thus damage could not occur.
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Dec 16, 2016, 03:44 PM
    Thank you so much... It was blowing cool air, but I had taken off auto

Thank you. No the fan was not running outside on the unit, it was the fan of the furnace running without heat. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside air conditioning unit "click" sound when turned on/off [ 0 Answers ]

Hi all. Thanks for the opportunity for asking for some help! And thanks for reading! I have an old GE outdoor air conditioning unit, model TA936H, produced in March 1968, that was working recently but has since stopped working. The problem I am having is this: when I turn on the AC from the...

Large flies in the house when air conditioning is turned on [ 1 Answers ]

At first I couldn't put my finger on it, but I actually watched the two vents when I turned on the air, flies come out and they are large in size and they are loud. This is nasty, In addition I notice a fowl odor when air is turned on. Who should I call a plumber and pest control?

Will your air conditioning run if your furnace is turned off [ 1 Answers ]

I was told that I had a carbon monoxide leak so they turned my the gas to my furnace off. Will my ac still work in the mean time?

Bryant air conditioning unit 310AAV/JAV blowing warm air? [ 1 Answers ]

The unit is 2yrs old. Also it has been turned off for two weeks. Checked the filter, very dirty, but a new one in. Still warm air only.

What is difference between split Air Conditioning & window Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

What is difference between split Air Conditioning & window Air Conditioning

View more questions Search