Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LouAnnVF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2016, 12:18 PM
    How long does it take to bleed a propane furnace?
    How long should it take to bleed a propane furnace after the gas has been turned off? We have a plumber here now. He has been here for 2 hours and says it is going to take another 2 hours or so to bleed the propane gas line to our furnace. Seems like a long time and a LOT of money...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 5, 2016, 01:57 PM
    Insane. My line is 200' feet from the house and it took the delivery guy 10 minutes, including getting the covers off the furnace. (When I ran out of propane once)
    Why didn't you have the propane company do this? Ask the 'plumber' for his license number and check it online.
    You had the tank filled, right?

Am I missing something here, all you real plumbers?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2016, 04:13 PM
    Last time I did mine, I added another tank, 80 ft., it took less than 5 minutes. How far is the tank and how many regulators?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 5, 2016, 06:28 PM
    He is bleeding your wallet not your furnace. How is he bleeding the line, where are his hands?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2016, 06:32 PM
    I agree, 5 or 10 minutes, beyond that he either does not know what he is doing (dangerous) or he is cheating you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to bleed a propane furnace after tank runs empty [ 3 Answers ]

I believe I need to bleed the propane line to my furnace. The propane tank ran empty and the furnace lit only briefly right after the tank was refilled. (It's possible that the propane tech and I were both mistaken and we just heard the fan and not the burner.) But I can't find where to bleed...

How long will it bleed after sex? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had sex on 28 of last month and bleeded heavyly the day itself, and it's the sixth day now m bleeding very mild... how long will it last and what should I do for it . *** rely.

How long does a person who has had a miscarriage bleed? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does a person who has miscarried bleed?

View more questions Search