Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crisafulli81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Pocket Bike Mixture GAS TO OIL (25-1)
    I have a pocket bike that is a 49cc engine. It take 25 parts of gas to 1 part of oil(25-1) the problum is I ran out of the oil of 50-1.which I would fill up have a one gallon and put it in to make a 25-1 ratio... Now I have a 40-1 ratio engine oil how do I make that to be 25-1... or I have a universal 2 stroke engine oil... (You have to add the whole can of oil to one gallon and you get 50-1 SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Please clarify something - you say you normally use 50-1 oil in a 1 gallon tank to make the ratio 25:1? Is that a typo?
    crisafulli81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines
    Please clarify something - you say you normally use 50-1 oil in a 1 gallon tank to make the ratio 25:1? Is that a typo?
    I have a two gallon tank so I fill it up half way which is one gallon... so half of 50-1 is 25-1... sorry do you know how to make a 2 gallon tank of gas and 40-1 oil into 25-1 and all that stuff??
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Well, since there are 128 ounces in a gallon, to get a 25:1 mix using 1 gallon of gas means you need 128/25 = 5.12 ounces of oil. For 2 gallons of gas you need twice that amount, or 10.25 ounces of oil. Hope this helps.

What confuses me in your response is that when you say you have used 50:1 oil, that means when you add it to 1 gallon of gas you get a 50:1 mix, not 25:1.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jul 24, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Buy an oil that specifies ratio, oils on the market are ratio specific with no relevance to the engine. If you buy pre- measured pouches or bottles of oil mix as specified on container NOT engine.

Don
    helpfulguy12345 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 09:17 AM
    the oil ratio on the 2 stroke oil bottle is the maximum amount the oil can be diluted and still perform it's job, it is not the only ratio that you can use that particular oil for.

If for example your engine recommended 50/1 ratio then the 40/1 stuff would be no good as it is not up to specification to run at 50/1, you can run any oil at a ration below it's maximum though.

25/1 in metric measures would be 2.5L fuel to 100ml oil to make a 5L tank (a little over a uk gallon) you would add 200ml oil.

If you are working in gallons then a uk gallon is approx. 4.5L and a US gallon is approx. 3.8L

2 1/2 pints fuel to 1/10 pint oil
    2 1/2 quarts fuel to 1/10 quart oil
    2 1/2 gallon to fuel 1/10 gallon oil

I find it easier to mix fuel to a set amount of oil because the oil bottle usually has markings on it in 1/10 intervals, rather than working out exactly how much oil for a random volume of fuel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2-cycle oil / gas ratio [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a way to consolidate gas tanks. I have three different machines that of course all use a different ratio. Auger is 24:1, snowblower is 50:1, and weedeater is 40:1. Is there a product out there which would allow me to use 1 or 2 tanks for these... I'd appreciate any input ...

Gas/oil ratio for chainsaw [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftman's lightweight chainsaw 2.0 cubic inch and I am not sure what gas/oil ratio to use, can anyone help me?:p

Gas in the oil [ 2 Answers ]

I think I'm having a major probem - last season my mower stopped working - now, I'm trying to figure out the problem. It's getting fire but when I try to start it with the spark plug in it will not turn over - if I take the plug out then it turns over very easy. I went to change the oil and found...

Gas and oil mixture [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the correct mixture of gas and oil for my featherlight weedeater ASAP!

View more questions Search