Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fisherboy667 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 01:13 AM
    Canadiana 523 Snow Thrower Service Manual
    My father inherited a Canadiana model 523 snow thrower and is looking for a parts
    And/or service manual for it. Can anyone help me out with this?

Jan 9, 2009, 12:36 AM

I guess it might help if I say that this unit was made by Noma, which, I believe is now owned by Murray. The decal that was on the unit is missing so I cannot find any other model or serial numbers. The unit is probably 10-15 years old...
    mth427 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2009, 06:24 PM
    I happen to have a manual with diagrams and parts listings for the models 523T and 825T
    Both are "trac drive"
    Would that be what you are looking for? It is 30 double sided pages long. Perhaps I could copy and mail this to you if that is what you need.

Jan 13, 2009, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mth427 View Post
    I happen to have a manual with diagrams and parts listings for the models 523T and 825T
    both are "trac drive"
    would that be what you are looking for? It is 30 double sided pages long. Perhaps I could copy and mail this to you if that is what you need.
    Thanks for responding! I'm not sure what a "trac drive" is though. He really only needs the parts breakdown. Would you be able to email me those pages? We would be able to tell right away if it is the correct unit.

Jan 15, 2009, 05:38 PM
    I will attempt to scan and send them to you in the next day or so... MTH427
    KJARR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 12:48 PM
    I'm sitting in Oslo, Norway looking for the same manual! I have a Canadiana 523T (T is belts, not ordinary wheels)

Could you please send a scanned version of the manual to me, too?
    hpmachining Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jan 30, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Here is a manual for an Americana Model 523 (and other models) snowblower. I suspect that it may be the same machine under a defferent name. There is no mention of the brand name in the manual.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Snowblower_Manual.pdf (433.8 KB, 13486 views)

Jan 30, 2009, 07:55 PM

Thanks, I have a manual as well but it is very dirty and I have been unable to scan it well enough to send out, can you please send this manual to Fisherboy667 and JKarr as they have asked me for it and I can't provide it..

Thanks...
    tahoesno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 12:09 PM
    I am a bit late with this response, but if you have a NOMA 523T or 825T snowblower, you are probably still looking for parts. I have the owner's manual with diagrams and parts lists, but I have yet to find a supplier that has a listing for these part numbers. The one part that goes out frequently is the friction disc NOMA part # 53830. This can be replaced with Ariens part # 03248300. If there is a supplier with a reference to the part numbers listed in the owner's manual, I would like to know.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2009, 12:45 PM

Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com. Don't worry if the part number that shows up after you input the OEM number is deifferent.

Both p/n's show substitutes.
    GiffordIceCream Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 07:55 AM
    I have a Canadiana 523T (Trac - just like a tank has) snowblower and manuel. I am looking for an Auger Belt. Does anyone know where I can purchase one. I am the original owner of this snowblower.
    lalunette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 08:31 AM
    Comment on hpmachining's post
    Thx for posting this manual. I picked up an old 523 for free this past weekend and I'm looking forward to getting her going thanks to your manual.
    ticrouche Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Comment on hpmachining's post
    Thank you so much, this is exactly the manual I was looking for my first, (and used), snowblower Model 1026 !
    pmadd830 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mth427 View Post
    Both are "trac drive"
    Would that be what you are looking for? It is 30 double sided pages long. Perhaps I could copy and mail this to you if that is what you need.

I think this might be what I am looking for(523). Could you contact me at [email protected] if you still have the manual?

Thanks...
    JoseeS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2014, 09:55 AM
    Hi, do you still have this manual and if so could you scan it and post it here? I would really appreciate it if you could!!
    JoseeS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2014, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseeS View Post
    Hi, do you still have this manual and if so could you scan it and post it here? I would really appreciate it if you could!!
    Sorry forgot to specify that mine is a Canadiana Noma CN 523T snowblower...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Snow thrower not throwing snow [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need help, I have a murray snow blower, it runs, but snow stuck in chute and won't throw out, changed the belt , no luck, hope someone can help, thanks

Snow thrower doesn't throw snow [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new but I really enjoyed all the questions I have read so far. My spirit snow blower does not all the time throw snow. Sometimes it does throw snow and all of a sudden it stop to throw snow. There is no clog in the chute. Could any one help me please, the snow is now on the ground and...

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search