Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 11:59 AM
    Line spacing between paragraphs in Word
    I am typing a paper and all of a sudden 10 pages into the paper the line spacing between paragraphs changed. I am using double space throughout the paper, but now it is skipping a double space and then two lines between paragraphs. So it is leaving a gap rather than just two spaces. I have gone through everything I can think of to fix this.
    Dale F Wiley Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie1964
    I am typing a paper and all of a sudden 10 pages into the paper the line spacing between paragraphs changed. I am using double space throughout the paper, but now it is skipping a double space and then two lines between paragraphs. So it is leaving a gap rather than just two spaces. i have gone through everything i can think of to fix this.
    Hi Jakie 1964,

I don't have much to offer here because I have never encountered something like this but look at the Style and make sure the Style didn't change.

It could be that the document is damaged or corrupted in some way. If that was true I would copy the entire content of the document to a new blank document and save it with a different name.

Good Luck.

Dale :-)
    superljl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie1964
    I am typing a paper and all of a sudden 10 pages into the paper the line spacing between paragraphs changed. I am using double space throughout the paper, but now it is skipping a double space and then two lines between paragraphs. So it is leaving a gap rather than just two spaces. i have gone through everything i can think of to fix this.
    Check Format|Paragraph, Before and After spacing... these should be set to zero. Line spacing should be set to double.

If the Before and After spacing is set to zero. Your document may be corrupt. Close it and open it with the repair option.

If that still doesn't do the trick, copy and paste all but the last paragraph mark into a new document.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 30, 2006, 03:03 PM
    Word is very paragraph centric. All formatting is done on a paragraph basis. What you describe indicates that either the style or formatting for a paragraph changed at some point. Once that happens and new paragraph created from that paragraph will take on the formatting of the previous paragraph.

So look at the paragraph before the change started. Check that it's the same style as your default style. Then check the spacing before and after.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horizontal Line in MS Word 2000 [ 13 Answers ]

How can I remove the Horizontal Line that goes completely across the page? How can I prevent it from happening again? I think there is something about holding down a key and pressing the "=" three times, but I cannot remember. Thanks.

Spacing of Recess Light [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing recess lights in my living room (20' x 17'). The old ceiling has been demolished, so the installation is relatively easy. My question is: How far apart should I space the lights to have adequate general purpose lighting in the room?

Recessed Lights Spacing & other questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm installing recessed lights in my basements finishing job, and I bought a bunch of cans at home depot. 12 to start with, but I'm sure I'll need more. My question is about the spacing for these recessed lights. I found a website that said I should space the lights between 6-8 feet apart for...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search